Repeated Issues with Amex Travel Online

muppet

Established Member
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Gold
hi all

Every 6 months or so, my Amex Platinum Account gets some kind of issue or blocked from Amex Travel Online meaning I can’t access FH&R or IAP online. Typically I call to get it fixed and they say just call and we can help with the booking but I have no interest in that as it’s so inefficient. Eventually they work out how to fix it but it’s a hassle. Just wondering if anyone else has these issues or i’m just special?

m

hi all

Every 6 months or so, my Amex Platinum Account gets some kind of issue or blocked from Amex Travel Online meaning I can’t access FH&R or IAP online. Typically I call to get it fixed and they say just call and we can help with the booking but I have no interest in that as it’s so inefficient. Eventually they work out how to fix it but it’s a hassle. Just wondering if anyone else has these issues or i’m just special?

m
It took me all of last year and still no access; lost the $450 travel bonus as their "24/7" assistance was BS - they were closed when I called on the final day of the year to beg for direct help with a booking. Advised to lodge a global dispute..

AMEX travel has to be the worst OTA on earth. 8-6 M-F travel agent service? Any of us who went through COVID with them will probably feel the way I do. When we got the email about the new travel credit process last year I had my fingers crossed as I read through hoping to hear of the demise of AMEX Travel and the ability to just book direct with the airlines, but no such luck.

I wonder if travel credits aren't most of their business nowadays?

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and enjoy a better viewing experience, as well as full participation on our community forums.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to enjoy lots of other benefits and discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.

Staff online

• NM
    Enthusiast
Back