The irony of "Diner's" Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Supersonic Swinger

Oneworld
Emerald
SkyTeam
Elite Plus
On a recent overseas trip, other than at airports, the only place I could find which accepted DC was the Heathrow Express. Not one dining establishment I tried in London accepted Diner's Club. Quite a few places displayed the logo, but when the card was swiped, it was not accepted.

I know some people have fee free DC cards, but do others still see value in having this card? With the limited acceptance, it's a significant effort working out which merchants even accept DC, together with the inevitable awkwardness when a merchant still displays the logo but no longer accepts it, or the DC Merchant app still lists a merchant who you find out long longer accepts it when your card is swiped.

Besides the fact I need one for work, I appreciate the international lounge access (used in Singapore)...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and enjoy a better viewing experience, as well as full participation on our community forums.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to enjoy lots of other benefits and discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.

Staff online

• NM
    Enthusiast
Back