15k bonus KrisFlyer miles when you transfer 150k MR points

Doctore1003

Just hit the inbox.

"Get more miles out of your Membership Rewards points, with a bonus 15,000 KrisFlyer miles when you transfer 150,000 Membership Rewards points in one or more transfers to KrisFlyer by 18th August 2024. Limited to one 15,000 KrisFlyer miles bonus per eligible Card Member."

So basically 150k MR -> 65k KF.

Applies to Premium Ascent, Ascent or Gateway.

Just hit the inbox.

"Get more miles out of your Membership Rewards points, with a bonus 15,000 KrisFlyer miles when you transfer 150,000 Membership Rewards points in one or more transfers to KrisFlyer by 18th August 2024. Limited to one 15,000 KrisFlyer miles bonus per eligible Card Member."

So basically 150k MR -> 65k KF.
Received this too.

I wonder if SQ has noticed a drop since they went from 2:1 to 3:1.

Essentially this makes 75,000 points with other airlines worth 65,000 for SQ for a few weeks. Not sure it’s worth it. My usual SQ redemption (AUS-Asia in O) is 93,500 points, so would still be 235,500 Amex Points… I need a better promo

Received this too.

I wonder if SQ has noticed a drop since they went from 2:1 to 3:1.

Essentially this makes 75,000 points with other airlines worth 65,000 for SQ for a few weeks. Not sure it’s worth it.

Yes sadly I have switched to Velocity. Plus that 75,000 you might send there can be done when there is a Velocity Transfer Bonus.

While I prefer Krisflyer, it is just no longer via for credit card points to go there.

… I need a better promo

Yes. Much better.

Yes sadly I have switched to Velocity. Plus that 75,000 you might send there can be done when there is a Velocity Transfer Bonus.

While I prefer Krisflyer, it is just no longer via for credit card points to go there.

Yes. Much better.
Glad a transferred a swag last year a day before it dropped from 2:1. Today effectively 50% less.

I TFd all my Amex points to Velocity at the recent May / June 15% promo ...no ticking clock at Velocity. ;)

Glad a transferred a swag last year a day before it dropped from 2:1. Today effectively 50% less.

Yes, I also moved all my remaining point's and wife's across then too. It was kind of odd seeing the account down to zero after so many, many years with a healthy balance.

I TFd all my Amex points to Velocity at the recent May / June 15% promo ...no ticking clock at Velocity. ;)
Isn’t it better to wait for the Marriott promo?
In your case: 60k MR -> 30k Velocity + 15% = 34.5k Velocity = 22.3k KrisFlyer
Or with the Amex to Marriott 50% promo: 60k MR -> 60k Marriott -> 25k KF

Am I missing something? Isn’t this promo better than a potential Marriott?
150k to 50+15=65 KF
Vs 60 to 25k Marriott becomes 25k+25k+12.5k= 62.5k?

out of interest did you do this because of the lack of clock? I'm just trying to get my head around whether this is a god deal or not. If i transferred via the velocity 15% promo then 150K MR is 86.25K Velocity which is 55.65K krisflyer.

In this deal 150K MR is 65K Krisflyer - but with a 3 year clock?

Is my maths right?

A 3 year clock for KF - and you can also book nearly a year out - so realistically that is 4 years.

If you aren't using points within a 4 year period I really think you are doing it wrong!

(considering all the pitfalls of holding them long-term)

With velocity if you want to book SQ award flights in J, does it have the same availability as KrisFlyer saver awards?

No promo for me :( seems targeted

It is not targeted however applicable to most of the Amex cards with some exceptions and Amex customer care rep confirmed that no enrolment to offer is needed.

It is not targeted however applicable to most of the Amex cards with some exceptions and Amex customer care rep confirmed that no enrolment to offer is needed.
ok.. 150k MR transferred.... lets see 🤞

EDIT: 50k KF showed up, no bonus yet... hmmm

Last edited:

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and enjoy a better viewing experience, as well as full participation on our community forums.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to enjoy lots of other benefits and discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back