17,500 point QFF Amex Premium bonus on again..

Status
Not open for further replies.

lovetravellingoz

Enthusiast
17500 QFF Amex Premium deal is on again..but note that the fee is not waived.

Frequent Flyer - Earning Points - Qantas American Express Premium Card

Though it disqualifies you if you already have one.

The Qantas American Express Premium Card
Made to fly in style
Turbo boost your points balance with up to 17,500 points*

img_amex_premium.jpg

Apply for the Qantas American Express Premium Card^ before 30 June 2008, be approved and you could earn up to 17,500 Qantas Frequent Flyer points.*

Here's how:
  • 10,000# points* when you spend $500 or more on purchases on your Card before 30 September 2008,
  • 5,000 points after your first Card spend, and
  • 2,500 points after your first Card spend in Australia on selected Qantas services.+
In addition, you'll earn 1.25 points for every dollar spent on the Card.
Apply now to take advantage of this offer.
Other key Card features and benefits

• Receive two Qantas Club invitations~ after your first Card spend every year in Australia on selected Qantas services.+
  • Earn 2.25 points for every dollar spent on your Card in Australia on selected Qantas services.+
  • Travel insurance when you pay for your travel with your Card.**
  • Emergency Card Replacement.^^
  • Up to 55 interest free days on purchases.##
  • Annual Card fee of $195 per annum.
  • Annual Card fee of $30 per annum per supplementary Card.
  • Current interest rate of 19.89%per annum.++
All prices are quoted in Australian dollars.
* You must be a member of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program to earn and redeem points. A joining fee applies. Membership and points are subject to the Terms and Conditions of the program. Award seat availability is limited and seats may not be available on every flight.
^ Cards are offered, issued and administered by American Express® Australia Limited (ABN 92 108 952 085)® Registered Trademark of American Express Company. Applicants must be 18 years of age or over and earn over $40,000pa to apply for a Qantas American Express Premium Card. American Express credit approval criteria applies. Terms and conditions, fees, charges & interest rates apply. Correct as at 1 May 2008 and is subject to change.
# 10,000 points offer only available to new customers who apply and are approved via the 'apply now' link on this page. Applications must be received by 30 June 2008. You will receive 10,000 points when you spend $500 on purchases on your Card before 30 September 2008. Allow 6-8 weeks after you have spent $500 for points to be credited to your account.
+ Selected Qantas products and services are: (a) Qantas passenger flights (with a QF flight number) purchased on the Qantas merchant account, ie directly with Qantas or some travel agents, (b) purchases from Qantas Travel shops or (c) purchases from Qantas Holidays. Excludes: Qantas Freight, Jetstar and Qantas branded non-airfare products operated by third parties, eg Qantas Box Office. Subject to Points Terms and Conditions.
~ Invitations are for Premium Cardmembers and are valid for Qantas operated lounges only and are not valid for oneworld® alliance airline, partner airlines' lounges or associated lounges. Each invitation is valid for a single visit before the date specified on the pass when flying with Qantas or Jetstar. Qantas Club rules apply. Subject to Product Disclosure Statement. Conditions apply.
** Qantas American Express Premium Credit Card Insurances are underwritten by ACE Insurance Limited (ABN 23 001 642 020, AFSL No. 239687) (ACE) and are subject to the terms, conditions and exclusions contained in the Qantas American Express Premium Credit Card policy of insurance between American Express Australia Limited (ABN 92 108 952 085, AFSL No. 291313) (American Express) and ACE. The product terms and conditions do not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs. It is important for you to read the Terms and Conditions and consider the appropriateness of that insurance in relation to your individual requirements.
^^ If your Credit Card is lost or stolen, you must report it immediately. You can call American Express 24 hours a day. In Australia, call us on 1300 363 687. If you are overseas, report your lost or stolen Card to the nearest American Express Travel Service or Representative Office.
## The Credit Card gives you up to 55 days interest free on purchases, depending on when you make a purchase, when your statement is issued, whether you have obtained a balance transfer and whether or not you are carrying forward a balance on your account from the previous statement period. There are no interest free days for cash advances or balance transfers.
++ Interest rates are current as at 1 May 2008 and subject to changes under American Express' Interest Rate Policy. The interest rate policy describes how they intend to adjust Credit Card interest rates based on your payment history.

Re: 175000 point QFF Amex Premium bonus on again..

I thought it was an extraordinary promotion till I realised it was only an extra zero in the title :) 175,000 points would have been a nice bonus!

I thought it was an extraordinary promotion till I realised it was only an extra zero in the title :) 175,000 points would have been a nice bonus!

Ooops...:oops::oops: perhaps the mods could kindly delete one of the zeros???

The 17,500 points basically cost $0.9 each...so the points are not free, but are reasonable value for those wanting to redeem on a Upgrade (say $4 cents per point) or RTW reward (say $2 cents per point)...or if you were just short and an award and were contemplating buying some points.

I'm slightly confused on those values. i.e. cost of $0.9 per point.

Is there a mix up with $ and cents?

Most I can see is the 17500 cost like 4c/point rather than 90c/point.

sorry if this is a dumb question.
(yes, I know there are no dumb questions only dumb people but I'm still confused)

I'm slightly confused on those values. i.e. cost of $0.9 per point.

Is there a mix up with $ and cents?

Most I can see is the 17500 cost like 4c/point rather than 90c/point.

sorry if this is a dumb question.
(yes, I know there are no dumb questions only dumb people but I'm still confused)

Yes sorry . It should have been

0.90 cents/point
2 cents (ie the worth of an award to say Asia is about 1.5cent/s per point. A RTW award over 2 cents/ point)
4 cents (ie the worth of a business class upgrade...if you can get one)

I must have been having one of those days...:oops:

Cool I understand
Not knowing the basis of the 2 and 4 cent options confused me. BUt I couldn't get the 0.9 cents either so that confused me.
All good now

I took up the offer when it was offered with a closing date of 31 May to convert from a standard amex cc to the Qantas Premium. Everything went well except they forgot the 10,000 points sign up bonus points.

"Oops. sorry." said the Melbourne call centre. Sorted out in two phone calls over two days but....more points that had to be followed up in order to receive the points originally offered.

Keep the original offer documentation and check the points credited.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and enjoy a better viewing experience, as well as full participation on our community forums.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to enjoy lots of other benefits and discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back