Additional cardholder on CBA CC

Status
Not open for further replies.

edy4eva

Been with CBA for 15+ years. On Diamond since it was introduced. Today was surprised to discover that can only have 1 additional cardholder!

It is a bit of biggie, and am seriously thinking of closing the account with them. I wondered, what gives? My AMEX allows 4 additional cardholders, ANZ plat up to 9 cardholders - no fees. But CBA only allows one and there's that annual fee (15 now, dropping to 10 soon).

Anyone here was able to get CBA to go more than 1? I swear I recall this wasn't the case few years ago.

The (annoying) solution is to get a second credit card with them and a supplementary on that one giving you two primaries and two supplementary's.

Been a long standing bug bear of mine with CBA & Westpac. NAB has a similar problem but at least supplementary holder gets a different card number. Not sure why these big banks won't do it. Common to get families sharing (& earning points on) the one account. Don't think 4 is unreasonable before have to get a corporate account.

Apart from better rewards cards, one more reason I prefer citi for credit cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and enjoy a better viewing experience, as well as full participation on our community forums.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to enjoy lots of other benefits and discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back