Airwallex to Qantas Business Money

DrGear

Intern
Qantas
Bronze
I used Airwallex for years and thought it was great but they recently brought in monthly fees for the account and I don't put enough through it per month to have the fees waived. Even then, they added fees to stuff that used to be included.

Qantas launched a rebadged version of it but I never jumped onto it due to the difference in fees. Well the new fees brought in meant that I was willing to trial it. I import stuff from Japan as well as ship stuff overseas and accept payments in multiple currencies so I needed international accounts and whatnot.

Can't complain so far. Compared the fees between the two on a transaction yesterday and Airwallex charges 0.5% above the interbank rate, whereas QBM charges 1.75%. So for a USD$1000 transaction today it looked at the results and the QBM offering cost about $19 more, however that also comes with 1521 QF points. So all in all, not a bad way to make some points if you're already doing a bunch of international transactions but maybe not enough to keep Airwallex.

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back