Amex Membership Rewards -> Starwood - how long from adding number to "active"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

beardoc

Established Member
Qantas
Platinum
I've just listed my SPG number in my Amex MR profile (after calling Platinum Services), but it's coming up as "pending". How long does it take to go "active"? I'm hoping I can do it before the end of the month when points go back to the old 1000MR->330SPG!

I did mine via Online, and it went pending, then rejected.

I've heard calling up is much better.

Either way - ~12-24 hours.

I added my number on line and it came up as pending - but I was ok to transfer points immediately. Then a few days later I tried to transfer more points and it showed as rejected.

So I called up and they re-added the number and I transferred points. I now have two active SPG lines on my Amex rewards account - one active and one "rejected cancelled".

I did mine via Online, and it went pending, then rejected.

I've heard calling up is much better.

Either way - ~12-24 hours.

Thanks Mal and simongr. I've registered over the phone, so it should have a better chance of working then. Hopefully I'll be "active" just in time for the big points transfer on the 30th September. I have almost enough for my J class RTW 35000 miles trip booked through AAdvantage, and I can't wait!

Have you tried transferring points even though it is still pending? I was able to do that.

Mine was rejected before I could transfer points so I set it up over the phone, and she transferred the points for me immediately. The were in the SPG account that night and I booked my hotel, all within about 12 hours.

I was fortunate to have mine already plugged in when the Amex thread made me think of the impending 30 September deadline.

I transferred 100K MR points to SPG a couple of days ago and another 170K MR points yesterday (all points pre-existing the Amex bonus offer shamble). I then set my phone diary to remind me every 24 hours to put transfers of 60K SPG points to AA every day (knowing maximum is 79,999 - so 60K is maximum amount to transfer daily IMO to maximise the bonus 5K).

Tomorrow should mean my last transfer of points...but none have hit my AAccount yet. Still, better either in SPG, or in transit to AA, rather than in my MR account.

I wonder how many MR points from AFF members have gone to AA this month :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and enjoy a better viewing experience, as well as full participation on our community forums.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to enjoy lots of other benefits and discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back