Card Promotions AMEX QBR Companion Card Offer (No Annual Fee)

Spacetravel

Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Gold
Hello AFF,

I received what may be a targeted offer to sign up to the Amex QBR card with no annual fee. This is because I already have the Qantas Amex Ultimate Card.
Simplify keeping track of your business and personal finances.

The smart way to better manage your business and personal spending is to pair a business Card with your personal Card.

Pairing the two is also a smart way to save – because we’ll waive the $450 annual fee1 of your American Express® Qantas Business Rewards Card for as long as you continue to hold your Qantas American Express Ultimate Card.

The trade off here is, there is no annual fee every year but no sign up bonus either. Unfortunately I would rather the annual fee be switched around, annual fee on business card and waived for personal considering the AF would be tax deductible with the business but I digress.

I applied for it today and it is pending approval.
If you meet the requirements of already holding an ultimate card and have an ABN registered for GST, try your luck at the link: Qantas Companion Card | American Express Australia

I received what may be a targeted offer to sign up to the Amex QBR card with no annual fee. This is because I already have the Qantas Amex Ultimate Card.

Nice, because you could put all your charges against the Qantas Business Rewards Card which is a charge card, then reduce the credit limit of the personal Qantas Ultimate Card to something stupid like $3500, making it easier to churn other credit cards as a result of your lower overall credit limit.

This is the same kind of packaged I received from decades ago: Reserve + Edge + gold charge + $400 travel credit + $200 travel credit = one low fee of $395

This is why I would never leave AmEx, because of this package deal.

Hello AFF,

The trade off here is, there is no annual fee every year but no sign up bonus either. Unfortunately I would rather the annual fee be switched around, annual fee on business card and waived for personal considering the AF would be tax deductible with the business but I digress.

I applied for it today and it is pending approval.
If you meet the requirements of already holding an ultimate card and have an ABN registered for GST, try your luck at the link: Qantas Companion Card | American Express Australia

+1 also got this offer. Her offer mentions that she will have a $450 travel credit and at first reading I thought that she would get a second $450 credit, but looking at the T&Cs it appears they are referring to the credit that comes with the Ultimate card not an extra credit. As they say, if it sounds too good to be true...

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and enjoy a better viewing experience, as well as full participation on our community forums.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to enjoy lots of other benefits and discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back