Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
Oneworld
Emerald
Star Alliance
Gold
Has anyone else received class action details from Phi Finney McDonald regarding interest being charged on interest free credit cards? First I have heard about it and I'm sure I only had the card to churn. Don't recall any issue at the time.

Last edited:
I got one too. I don't think I was ever charged interest since I pay on time though. Is this a scam or what?

Got it as well.
I have never paid interest on any credit card that I have had.

Have had ANZ travel adventures card for many years.
I did not register for the class action.

Concerned that this sender has my email address.

Got it as well.
I have never paid interest on any credit card that I have had.

Have had ANZ travel adventures card for many years.
I did not register for the class action.

Concerned that this sender has my email address.
You don't have to register for the court to force ANZ to hand over group member details in the first place.

ANZ identified you as a group member, and the Court ordered ANZ to provide us with your information so that we could contact you to participate in the settlement.

I got it too and was also unaware of the class action. I had an ANZ card for a short period only several years ago.

I posted this in another thread. I thought it was scam.

I've paid lots of interest. I never check but wouldn't be surprised if ANZ or any other institution has cheated. They used to get away with it easily but are now held accountable which is good.

Seems to relate to the way banks used to backdate interest if you missed paying the full amount by the interest free date.

I got one too. I don't think I was ever charged interest since I pay on time though. Is this a scam or what?
Got the same email
Long time ANZ customer (1980). But have never paid interest on any credit card for any bank.
ANZ web site
Many trying to clip the ticket

If I do get compensation for this, it would be easily the 4th or 5th time as an ANZ customer that this has happened. I had a run of about 10 years where every 2 or 3 years they would send me a cheque because they calculated mortgage interest incorrectly. I suspect I will be due another one soon, but I guess there is a chance they fixed their antiquated systems. I tried to deposit one of those cheques at an ANZ branch and they informed me that the issuer (ANZ) had made an error by using my initials and not first name...

I am not a great fan of ANZ but I will yet again gladly take their money if I am owed any.

IMO still not a reason not to join. This is a settlement list subject to the court signing off on the settlement terms. Nothing to lose and you may get lucky
Came here to ask the same question. Have certainly held anz cards but don't recall ever paying interest. Trying to determine the ethics of it on these grounds!

I have registered. Don't particularly remember paying interest, but may have happened. They may find I am due for 0 as well.!

I registered - we accidently missed paying the full amount when overseas, and the interest continued for a number of statements, albeit small amounts.

Back