ANZ Frequent Flyer Black credit card - Complimentary Lounge Passes

Lynda2475

Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Red
Oneworld
Emerald
I've held the ANZ Qantas Frequent Flyer Black credit card since 2021, it is supposed to come with 2 complimentary Lounge passes each year but I only just realized I had not received any this year (or likely in 2023 or 2022).

I could have sworn in the first year they arrived automatically as soon as I put some Qantas spend on the card. I have been paying for at least one QF flight each year on this card to ensure the passes (which I always gift) were triggered.

On the QFF Website you cant see who issued the lounge passes, so I had mistakenly thought other passes were from ANZ.

Went into the QF app tonight (after seeing a screenshot in someone else's post) which does show the lounge pass issuer and it shows that the unused passes in my account are from Points Club, Amex and WBC - so ANZ missing.

As it turns out you now have to call up the concierge to request passes every 12 months (no QF spend required) so why cant they just given you 2 automatically each year when your annual fee is paid?

Yeah, annoying to need to call for ANZ
WBC/SGB you need to actively register to get them, but can do online

I ordered mine last week. When they landed, Qantas sent an email "xx_x, your digital Complimentary Qantas Club Lounge Invitations have now landed" and this email mention ANZ.
I always called ANZ concierge to order mine in the past.

I ordered mine last week. When they landed, Qantas sent an email "xx_x, your digital Complimentary Qantas Club Lounge Invitations have now landed" and this email mention ANZ.
I always called ANZ concierge to order mine in the past.
Do they expire 12 months from date of issue/when they hit your account?

Yeah, annoying to need to call for ANZ
WBC/SGB you need to actively register to get them, but can do online

WBC also changed, it used to be automatic based on spend, but I saw someone else post and re-registered for WBC - I can see those ones.

My WBC card is a freebie that I only use when churning but during the DSC I made sure I purchased a one way fare on it.
Post automatically merged:

Do they expire 12 months from date of issue/when they hit your account?

Yes and I was told by concierge you have to wait a minimum of 12 months to request the next lot, so I cant ask before 24 Sept 25 even though my annual fee is in April. Seems so out of whack to me.

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and enjoy a better viewing experience, as well as full participation on our community forums.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to enjoy lots of other benefits and discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back