Asia in October recommendations sought

Status
Not open for further replies.

infinity

Established Member
Will be arriving in SIN in early October for 10-12 days. I wanted some recommendatiosn on where to go?

As many places are changing from/to wet season, good advice is essential here to get some sunny weather

Criteria
  • preferably sunny (not too much rain risk)
  • beach based
  • boutique resort/hotel preferred (can afford a reasoable price but not 6 star thanks)
  • not too much commuting time from SIN
  • Diving options a bonus
  • nearby villiages/things to do (check out) other than marooned on a lonely beach
Help wanted

Thanks AFFers:)

Hi infinity,

How much max commute time ex SIN are you talking? & I presume flying?

Just to slightly narrow down the endless possibilities...:cool:

Langkawi would be my suggestion, easy to get to, good range of accomodation and low cost of alcohol as well as food given the island has Duty Free status.

I'm a Thailand fan so any beaches there are my favourite.
coughet (90 mins from SIN) and out to Phi Phi is great and Hua Hin, Krabi (via HKT or BKK) are all reachable.
Read coughet & Bogans here http://www.australianfrequentflyer....scussion/coughet-is-it-bogan-bogan-38093.html as an update where to avoid the crowds.

Also don't forget some of the Indonesian islands available by ferry from SIN.

The Malaysia pensulina has great sunny places but I don't rate their beaches. (Malacca, Penang) But Sabah maybe an option but I've never been there.

Post back what you booked and the trip report!

Cheers

I'm a Thailand fan so any beaches there are my favourite.
coughet (90 mins from SIN) and out to Phi Phi is great and Hua Hin, Krabi (via HKT or BKK) are all reachable.
Read coughet & Bogans here http://www.australianfrequentflyer....scussion/coughet-is-it-bogan-bogan-38093.html as an update where to avoid the crowds.

Also don't forget some of the Indonesian islands available by ferry from SIN.

The Malaysia pensulina has great sunny places but I don't rate their beaches. (Malacca, Penang) But Sabah maybe an option but I've never been there.

Post back what you booked and the trip report!

Cheers

Thanks I am currnet at Tubkaak beach on teh Krabi coast and off to Koh lanto tomorrow for a few days. Wanted to try something other than this part of Thailand.

Just watching rain sqalls then sunny so was wanting options a little more predictable in October for sunshine

Will consider your recommendations though
tks

That place looks absolutely gorgeous! Just penned it into my must visit list.. Thanks for sharing.

Most viable weather time to visit??

Both times we went during the QLD Sept/Oct school holidays. This time of the year is their wet season however, over the two stays we had (2008 & 2010) totalling 18 nights the days were hot, sunny with short intense rain in the afternoon - might have been lucky but we will go again at the same time.

Hoi An Travel Guide | Vietnam Travel Guide

We have loved our time here and another GHM resort - The Datai.

It's beautiful!

Both times we went during the QLD Sept/Oct school holidays. This time of the year is their wet season however, over the two stays we had (2008 & 2010) totalling 18 nights the days were hot, sunny with short intense rain in the afternoon - might have been lucky but we will go again at the same time.

It's beautiful!

Thanks for speedy update amaroo,
I also look forward to a Vietnam 1st visit sometime this year.. Look forward to TR!

It's beautiful!

We actually have some flights from SIN to Hoh Chi Min rtn(up our sleve at that time) so will check out the options shortly Amaroo

off to sunset at Tubkaak Krabi now:cool:

tks
B

Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

Status
Not open for further replies.

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.

Staff online

• NM
    Enthusiast
Back