Bankwest Transaction account [General Discussion]

I use chrome so my macro looks different to yours - for starters, my URL to use is

URL GOTO=https://www.my.telstra.com.au/myaccount/paybill#empty

At the end, I stop once I have all my data input. so, iMacro simply fills in the fields for me.

I then manually click on the submit button, and whatever else (e.g. the "you've already made a payment for this amount in the past 2 days, are you really sure?" part.

Then once I have my receipt page up, I have a macro which then refreshes the page for the remaining times.

Works for me, sure it needs me to click on 2 buttons... but then I set up the refresh to play 49 times and go make my morning coffee. When I get back, my transactions are complete for the day. Easy peasy :)

Pretty much the same as mine, except I have the simpler URL to refresh and no "pay another bill" step. Running it with the button things gets the same error. So I just manual click the buttons. On the receipt page I play the macro again and it goes back to the payment page as per the first step. Hence why I don't need the pay another bill thing.

So I'm in Firefox now.
This is the new script
But as soon as it leaves the first page, I get a Telstra page saying 'My Account is not available..."

URL GOTO=https://www.my.telstra.com.au/myaccount/paybill?pvt_access_mode=true#empty
TAG POS=1 TYPE=DIV ATTR=TXT:Skip<SP>to<SP>Content<SP>Contact<SP>us<SP>Personal<SP>Small*
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEL FORM=ID:accountPaymentDetails ATTR=ID:accountNum CONTENT=xx_xx_xx_XX
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:NUMBER FORM=ID:accountPaymentDetails ATTR=ID:amount CONTENT=0.01
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:RADIO FORM=ID:accountPaymentDetails ATTR=ID:creditCardRadio
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEL FORM=ID:credit-card-payment-details ATTR=ID:creditCardNumber CONTENT=xx_xx_xx_xx_xx_X
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEL FORM=ID:credit-card-payment-details ATTR=ID:expiryMonth CONTENT=xx
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEL FORM=ID:credit-card-payment-details ATTR=ID:expiryYear CONTENT=xx
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEL FORM=ID:credit-card-payment-details ATTR=ID:verifyCode CONTENT=xx_
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=ID:emailAddressForm ATTR=ID:email [email protected]
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:SUBMIT ATTR=ID:continue-button
TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=ID:confirm-button
TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=ID:yes-proceed-unauth-payment-duplicate-button-cc
TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=TXT:pay<SP>another<SP>bill

There is the following, but I haven't tried it.

Do you mean "EVENT TYPE=CLICK SELECTOR="#continue-button" BUTTON=0"? And why do you need to enter the code yourself? Why not record it?

So I'm in Firefox now.
This is the new script
But as soon as it leaves the first page, I get a Telstra page saying 'My Account is not available..."

URL GOTO=https://www.my.telstra.com.au/myaccount/paybill?pvt_access_mode=true#empty
TAG POS=1 TYPE=DIV ATTR=TXT:Skip<SP>to<SP>Content<SP>Contact<SP>us<SP>Personal<SP>Small*
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEL FORM=ID:accountPaymentDetails ATTR=ID:accountNum CONTENT=xx_xx_xx_XX
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:NUMBER FORM=ID:accountPaymentDetails ATTR=ID:amount CONTENT=0.01
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:RADIO FORM=ID:accountPaymentDetails ATTR=ID:creditCardRadio
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEL FORM=ID:credit-card-payment-details ATTR=ID:creditCardNumber CONTENT=xx_xx_xx_xx_xx_X
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEL FORM=ID:credit-card-payment-details ATTR=ID:expiryMonth CONTENT=xx
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEL FORM=ID:credit-card-payment-details ATTR=ID:expiryYear CONTENT=xx
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEL FORM=ID:credit-card-payment-details ATTR=ID:verifyCode CONTENT=xx_
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=ID:emailAddressForm ATTR=ID:email [email protected]
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:SUBMIT ATTR=ID:continue-button
TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=ID:confirm-button
TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=ID:yes-proceed-unauth-payment-duplicate-button-cc
TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=TXT:pay<SP>another<SP>bill

People, for Telstra payments you need to adjust the above code, with the following (works with Firefox):

EVENT TYPE=CLICK SELECTOR="#continue-button" BUTTON=0 (as TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:SUBMIT ATTR=ID:continue-button won't work)
TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=ID:yes-proceed-unauth-payment-duplicate-button-cc (End of macro)

Once the duplicate payment button is pressed, the receipt page will appear. Refresh that page to make a second payment. Create a macro to refresh it 50 times or so, to exhaust your card.

And do not log into your account first or during your payments.

Simple.

So I just saw the Feb posting of January points - and without going through everyday's transaction logs - it seems like BW has shorted me by around 2-3K points. Anyone else a bit light on the points deposits this month???

So I just saw the Feb posting of January points - and without going through everyday's transaction logs - it seems like BW has shorted me by around 2-3K points. Anyone else a bit light on the points deposits this month???
I have yet to receive any so totally short changed!

Wont be in QFF account for another few days.

Right now, points earnt will be listed in your online statement dated Feb 1st onwards. (1st statement issued in feb).

Not sure if you have taken it into account but as discussed previously transactions don't get credited until the following day, transactions made on a Friday only get credited on the following Monday while Sat/Sun get credited on Tuesday.

As a result the points which will be credited to your account in early February are only for a maximum of 29 days: 31 Dec & 1-28 Jan. 29-31 Jan will be credited to you in early March.

Not sure if you have taken it into account but as discussed previously transactions don't get credited until the following day, transactions made on a Friday only get credited on the following Monday while Sat/Sun get credited on Tuesday.

As a result the points which will be credited to your account in early February are only for a maximum of 29 days: 31 Dec & 1-28 Jan. 29-31 Jan will be credited to you in early March.

Plus any payments after 6 PM to Telstra or Optus (and no doubt, some others) are only confirmed two days later, not the next day, so any payments on the 28th after 6PM to Telstra or Optus, won't be included on February's statements either.

Simple really!

Last edited:
Go into your internet banking and do a transaction search. Filter it for 1-31 Jan and debits only. You will be able to definitely work out exactly how many payments were processed in January and therefore what your rightful number of points should be. Export the search to excel (csv) for ease of counting the transactions.

Go into your internet banking and do a transaction search. Filter it for 1-31 Jan and debits only. You will be able to definitely work out exactly how many payments were processed in January and therefore what your rightful number of points should be. Export the search to excel (csv) for ease of counting the transactions.

And use the Sub-Total feature to simplify it even further...

And use the Sub-Total feature to simplify it even further...

Thanks guys.....

Allowing for the days in the wrong month issue, it's closer than I first thought........

I also think its a mistake to assume it should be 1-31 Jan, banks do just not work this way operationally. For example if I look at my bank statements I can provide examples where the interest earned/charged ranges from 27 to 33 days depending on the exact dates they calculate (which in many, if not most, cases varies for holidays/weekends).

Sorry if this is mentioned earlier in the thread (I did read through the whole thing recently but can't recall) - do the 1c payments work fine for any Telstra bill - i.e. even an internet bill?
Is anyone doing this with an internet bill (e.g. ADSL)?

Sorry if this is mentioned earlier in the thread (I did read through the whole thing recently but can't recall) - do the 1c payments work fine for any Telstra bill - i.e. even an internet bill?
Is anyone doing this with an internet bill (e.g. ADSL)?

Yes, any Telstra bill payable online. Just log in to your account and go to: "Bills and Payments" then "Make a Payment"

5 points per cent x 50 per day = 250 points each day.

6500 / 250 = 26 days of paying a bill. Unless my head was wrong.

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back