Bankwest Transaction account [General Discussion]

Anyone having issues with macros, please debug your macro before you ask for help.

To do so, play your macro slowly using code, SET !REPLAYSPEED SLOW at the start of your macro and then press PAUSE (the button) after each line to see whether that line worked or failed. Alternatively insert SET WAIT SECONDS=2 after each line of your macro to have you macro wait 2 seconds before running the next line.

Do either of these and you'll probably solve the problem yourself. If you can't you will be able to ask for help for you actual problem, rather than just saying your macro doesn't work.

Also don't be afraid to try playing a macro to see what happens. It won't blow up your computer. It will either fail to play completely, due to an error or play successfully, and then you'll know it works.

Last edited:
Anyone having issues with macros, please debug your macro before you ask for help.

To do so, play your macro slowly using code, SET !REPLAYSPEED SLOW at the start of your macro and then press PAUSE (the button) after each line to see whether that line worked or failed. Alternatively insert SET WAIT SECONDS=2 after each line of your macro to have you macro wait 2 seconds before running the next line.

Do either of these and you'll probably solve the problem yourself. If you can't you will be able to ask for help for you actual problem, rather than just saying your macro doesn't work.

Also do be afraid to try playing a macro to see what happens. It won't blow up your computer. It will either fail to play completely, due to an error or play successfully, and then you'll know it works.

Great advice. But don't you mean "...Also do NOT be afraid to try playing a macro..."?

I'll be getting a letter from the SDRO in the coming weeks. I wonder if micro payments are accepted :p

Hi rocket256,

How did you go with the SDRO? It appears $20 is the minimum but this may be in breach of the Fines Act 1996 No 99 Section 23 1(A) which stipulates you may pay by part payment so long as it is paid by the due date.
Looks like BPAY is the only way here but wondering if points are awarded for BPAY (terms and conditions say no). Any anecdotal evidence to the contrary?

cheers,

Dave

When paying Telstra I'm getting frequent Sorry, there was a connectivity issue processing your request and we're not able to confirm the payment made... error messages. I did have my cards fully scripted, so all I had to do was start the process. Not anymore. I am back to doing them partially scripted, because I have to stop and go back to a receipt and then restart, so often.

Has anyone else had the same issue with Telstra over the last week or so?

Only still have telstra macro'd as a backup.

I'm now using energy australia. Works a bloody treat! No wait 10 seconds, nothing about we notice in the last 24 hours, and NO ERROR cough!

Usually done within an hour (no, I've never actually timed it...).

When paying Telstra I'm getting frequent Sorry, there was a connectivity issue processing your request and we're not able to confirm the payment made... error messages. I did have my cards fully scripted, so all I had to do was start the process. Not anymore. I am back to doing them partially scripted, because I have to stop and go back to a receipt and then restart, so often.

I was just about to change my mobile service over to Telstra postpaid. Back to the drawing board again I guess?

Last edited:
I was just about to change my mobile service over to Telstra postpaid. Back to the drawing board again I guess?

Given no one else has said they're experiencing anything similar yet, and I'm certain I'm not the only one doing Telstra payments, it 's possible the issue is at my end, not at Telstra's.

I sometimes get the same message.
The way that I handle it for the (*cough*) 6 cards I'm administrating, is to have a long macro that does a 'full' payment for one card, then does the refresh 10 times, then a 'full' payment for card 2, then 10 refreshes, and so on through the 6 cards, and then go around that loop again, 7 times in all. So, all up, I'm running about 77 payments per card. The reason I do the extra payments (over the 50 daily cap) is to 'brute force' through any errors (e.g. connectivity) that might have stopped any of the refreshes from processing correctly.
As it's not time sensitive, the extra length is no issue for me, and the website doesn't seem to be offended by the extra tries.

Given no one else has said they're experiencing anything similar yet, and I'm certain I'm not the only one doing Telstra payments, it 's possible the issue is at my end, not at Telstra's.

Lets give it a bit of time and see if others speak up!
How long have you been doing the Telstra ones for btw?

I sometimes get the same message.
The way that I handle it for the (*cough*) 6 cards I'm administrating, is to have a long macro that does a 'full' payment for one card, then does the refresh 10 times, then a 'full' payment for card 2, then 10 refreshes, and so on through the 6 cards, and then go around that loop again, 7 times in all. So, all up, I'm running about 77 payments per card. The reason I do the extra payments (over the 50 daily cap) is to 'brute force' through any errors (e.g. connectivity) that might have stopped any of the refreshes from processing correctly.
As it's not time sensitive, the extra length is no issue for me, and the website doesn't seem to be offended by the extra tries.

So that means your macro is for 60ish payments (10x per card) and you loop that how often? How did you get the 77 figure?

---snip
So that means your macro is for 60ish payments (10x per card) and you loop that how often? How did you get the 77 figure?

Sorry if my explanation was a but obtuse, but for each card I do a 'full' payment (entering all the card & account details, etc.), and then do 10 refreshes. So each loop is 11 payments. Then I run the loops 7 times in all = 77.

Sorry if my explanation was a but obtuse, but for each card I do a 'full' payment (entering all the card & account details, etc.), and then do 10 refreshes. So each loop is 11 payments. Then I run the loops 7 times in all = 77.

That sounds more like you have 7 cards?
If you have 6 cards, run it all once then do 10 loops then you'll have 66 payments? But if you have 7, do one recording of all 7 card payments, then loop it 10 times, then you'll get 77 payments.
You mentioned it would exceed the 50 payments per day (per card), but from how you've explained it, it sounds you're only making 11 payments per card?
Sorry a bit confused!

That sounds more like you have 7 cards?
If you have 6 cards, run it all once then do 10 loops then you'll have 66 payments? But if you have 7, do one recording of all 7 card payments, then loop it 10 times, then you'll get 77 payments.
You mentioned it would exceed the 50 payments per day (per card), but from how you've explained it, it sounds you're only making 11 payments per card?
Sorry a bit confused!

I apologise again if my wording is confusing...
I have 6 cards.
For each card I do a payment.
Then I refresh that payment 10 times (for 11 payments in total for each card).
Then I do each card again in the same way, another 6 times.
So after all 7 loops have been around, each card has *attempted* to make 11 x 7 = 77 payments.
Because of the 50 payments per card per day limit, some of the payments will always fail.
But that's OK, because if any of them fail for other reasons (say connectivity error), then the extra attempts will make up the shortfall, and each card will still end up with 50 payments per day in total.

Another tweak I added to the macro is to put a 'Wait seconds = 3' command between each refresh. This allows the internet hamsters to keep up...

To simplify it. I have occasionally gotten that error.

I am using imacro on Firefox, so what I have have is a macro that does one payment then I just play the loop 80 times to allow for any where it doesn't work.

I let it run go make a coffee then check back when I have time. You can tell it has used up all 50 transactions when you check back and the page is left on the unexpected error message after attempting the 80th loop..

Just waiting for my upgraded platinum card to arrive.

My rule of thumb is to keep it going until you recieve the Payment Refused by bank message.

You then know you've completed your days spending.

To simplify it. I have occasionally gotten that error.

I am using imacro on Firefox, so what I have have is a macro that does one payment then I just play the loop 80 times to allow for any where it doesn't work.

I let it run go make a coffee then check back when I have time. You can tell it has used up all 50 transactions when you check back and the page is left on the unexpected error message after attempting the 80th loop..

Just waiting for my upgraded platinum card to arrive.

Yes, that's what I used to do too. But then I found that sometimes some errors (like the connectivity error) would break the payment loop, and then the string of refresh commands would just be repeating the same failure. In this case the extra refreshes won't solve the problem.
So that's why I started breaking it up into smaller chunks - basically to restart the process after each 11 goes.
But of course, if your method is working for you, then don't fix what's not broken...

My rule of thumb is to keep it going until you recieve the Payment Refused by bank message.

You then know you've completed your days spending.

That approach is OK if you're doing it manually, or semi-manually. But I've scheduled my macro to run by itself, so I needed to find a way for it to be reasonably certain that it will get through all the 50 payments most of the time.

That approach is OK if you're doing it manually, or semi-manually. But I've scheduled my macro to run by itself, so I needed to find a way for it to be reasonably certain that it will get through all the 50 payments most of the time.

I am interested in how you set it up to run automatically if you could let me know I would appreciate it either here or via PM if you don't want it publicly available. If not no problem.

It isn't an issue for me at the moment as I have access to the internet every day, however I would like the option to have them still run if I was travelling and not able to set off the macro.

Yes, that's what I used to do too. But then I found that sometimes some errors (like the connectivity error) would break the payment loop, and then the string of refresh commands would just be repeating the same failure. In this case the extra refreshes won't solve the problem.
So that's why I started breaking it up into smaller chunks - basically to restart the process after each 11 goes.
But of course, if your method is working for you, then don't fix what's not broken...

I found that running the macro in slow made it significantly more reliable, if you haven't done that already and get more problems that may help as well.

I found that running the macro in slow made it significantly more reliable, if you haven't done that already and get more problems that may help as well.

Yes, that's a good idea. I'll try it if I hit any more hurdles. I guess our different methods are probably approximating the same outcome, but it's always good to have another tool in the toolbox..

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back