Bankwest Transaction account [General Discussion]

I am interested in how you set it up to run automatically if you could let me know I would appreciate it either here or via PM if you don't want it publicly available. If not no problem.

It isn't an issue for me at the moment as I have access to the internet every day, however I would like the option to have them still run if I was travelling and not able to set off the macro.

I'm happy to help, but it will depend on which environment you're operating in. I'm on a Mac in OSX. If you are too, then I can help. If not, then I'll be less helpful, but may be able to point you to some information that may help you nut it out for yourself.

Thanks, alas it is only Windows, Rasberry Pi (Linux) or Synology DSM in our house but there may be an equivalent version in one of these.

I am interested in how you set it up to run automatically if you could let me know I would appreciate it either here or via PM if you don't want it publicly available. If not no problem.

It isn't an issue for me at the moment as I have access to the internet every day, however I would like the option to have them still run if I was travelling and not able to set off the macro.

In terms of running multiple macros, one after the other, I believe it works like a runner of passing the baton to the next runner in a relay race, not like a batch file.

So to run a new macro I use:

URL GOTO=imacros://run/?m=/Folder<sp>name/Macro<sp>name.iim

where <sp> replaces any spaces in the Folder name (that is a folder you created under Favorites) or Macro name.

I'm not sure if this is the only way, or the best way to do this, but it does work.

And for any of you that don't already know, you can easily disable a (whole) line of your macro by creating a comment, which is an apostrophe followed by a space (' ) at the start of the line. To enable that line again just delete the apostrophe and space. See http://wiki.imacros.net/'_(Comment)

Last edited:
Anyone care to help with me with Imacro/Firefox and doing EnergyAustralia payments? Happy to take it to PM..

I've never been so keen to pay a bill.. :|

Anyone care to help with me with Imacro/Firefox and doing EnergyAustralia payments? Happy to take it to PM..

I've never been so keen to pay a bill.. :|

I don't use Energy Australia so can't specifically help but so long as they don't use dynamic IDs it's easy:

Open imacro.
Hit record.
Do your transaction.
Hit Stop
Save
Press play to test
maybe add in clear at the end of the macro to clear cookies etc.
also change speed to slow - resolves most errors.

If dynamic IDs are used like Optus then you need experimental recording mode.

Some billers can be more complex like Sydney water min 5c and can't do the same amount twice immediately so need some programming skills to increment based on the loop value or just hard code different amounts in a copy of the macro

Here's the incremental payment bit if it helps anyone
SET !VAR1 EVAL("var PmtAmount = parseFloat(Math.round((0.04 + ({{!LOOP}}/100)) * 100) / 100).toFixed(2); PmtAmount;")

Then just reference it where it says amount in your macro like this:
CONTENT={{!VAR1}}

So it goes, 0.05, 0.06 etc ....

Hope that helps.

Dave

Energy Australia is really simple, $0.01 payments, no dynamic id's, just set up as per the above post (daveozsydney) and once you have it working loop 50 times.

C.

Energy Australia is really simple, $0.01 payments, no dynamic id's, just set up as per the above post (daveozsydney) and once you have it working loop 50 times.

C.

Has anyone looked into Python for energy australia? I don't really want to reinvent the wheel, but I probably would if I find the time...

So call me stupid.. I was trying to do it through the myaccount page.. not the bpoint gateway.

Seems to be progressing well now, thanks guys.

Edit: I now know why people want more than one card to get over the 50/day limit.

anyone else get a phone call today from Virgin Mobile, asking to stop making multiple 1c payments?

I might need to find a new bill to pay...

Hm, so what did they say they would do if you didn't stop, or was it a "can you please stop".

They claimed the multiple payments I was making was causing issues with their billing department... they mentioned it was causing delays in billing on thousands of accounts... as to whether that is true or not, I'm not sure.

It was a 'can you please stop', nothing threatening or similar

I received a call from virgin a while ago last year after a month or so of doing payments. Their billing systems couldn't handle it. I was told that my account would be cancelled if I kept doing it.
I moved onto Telstra instead, much better to do payments with anyway.

I received a call from virgin a while ago last year after a month or so of doing payments. Their billing systems couldn't handle it. I was told that my account would be cancelled if I kept doing it.
I moved onto Telstra instead, much better to do payments with anyway.

What type of Telstra account do you have?

Can I switch to a Telstra Post-Paid Mobile service and make the 1c payments? or do I need a different type of Telstra bill?

I have no issue about switching - only signed up to Virgin a few months ago for a 4,000 VFF mile bonus :p

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back