Bankwest Transaction account [General Discussion]

Happy with Energy Aus.

Recieved my 1st bill of the BW Partnership since swapping from Telstra.

I noticed:

- Not 1000's of pages (online bills chosen for this reason) - 4 pages only!

- instead of 100's of 1c each day , it is itemised at usually $3 per day, sometimes less if I forget a payment.

I received a call from virgin a while ago last year after a month or so of doing payments. Their billing systems couldn't handle it. I was told that my account would be cancelled if I kept doing it.
It is quite funny really. I did have my council ring me and another party I can't remember. Given I have an IT background I was a little curious and asked them why if their billing system cant handle 1c payments, then why exactly does their system allow them.

Must admit at this stage the person ringing got a little defensive!

With all the people in here using Telstra - what type of Telstra accounts do you have?
My only option is to switch my post-paid phone plan to Telstra, or take out a wireless broadband service - will either of these 2 allow me to pay online 1c at a time?

I don't want to get caught out with a bill I can't utilize to its full extent ;)

Post paid telstra, bills sent online / through the Aus Post Digital mailbox service (100+ pages!).

1c hasn't been rejected yet (ie: payment rules ain't changed).

Looks like Bankwest has done me in. I've been running the payments after 6pm, with a note that clearly says they will be processed the following business day. But somehow there are 100 payments on the 23rd, instead of the 22 and 23. :shock:

Looks like Bankwest has done me in. I've been running the payments after 6pm, with a note that clearly says they will be processed the following business day. But somehow there are 100 payments on the 23rd, instead of the 22 and 23. :shock:

All todays from 6pm (or ones done on the weekend), will be processed/dated the next business day.

Todays, saturdays (6.04am) + sundays (1.15pm) are still counted as the individual days x50 transactions.

Meaning: on monday, you will have at least 3 days worth of transactions showing on the same date (Sat, Sun + Mon).

If they have allowed the payments, do you really care? I've had this where well more than 50 (in fact up to 200 at times) appear on my statement with the same date, but they have processed the transaction and (for me) importantly I have got the points.

Anyone using this for Syd Water? How much time do I need to leave between payments of same amount? Keeps rejecting it. Min 5c payment so I'm incrementing, but whenever I come back to a previous amount it rejects it.

Payments prior to 6pm on a Friday, are processed by BW the following Monday (the next business day). Payments after 6pm on a Friday and on the weekend, are only processed by Telstra, Optus and others, the following Monday, and they are then processed by BW on the Tuesday.

Are points awarded EOM? Had my first statement today, I like pages and pages of payments.

BW credits points on the first statement issued on or after the 1st of the month, each month. Points are 'transferred' to Qantas on or after the 5th of the month, each month. Weekends and WA public holidays delay statements being issued and points being 'transferred to Qantas.

If they have allowed the payments, do you really care? I've had this where well more than 50 (in fact up to 200 at times) appear on my statement with the same date, but they have processed the transaction and (for me) importantly I have got the points.

Provided I get the points, I don't care.
Just thought the 50 transaction per day was a hard limit to get points. e.g. if I do 100 transaction at 100 merchants does that still mean only 250 points for the day. Anyway, thanks for all the help and guidance.

Last edited:
Happy with Energy Aus.

Recieved my 1st bill of the BW Partnership since swapping from Telstra.

I noticed:

- Not 1000's of pages (online bills chosen for this reason) - 4 pages only!

- instead of 100's of 1c each day , it is itemised at usually $3 per day, sometimes less if I forget a payment.

So wish I could do Energy Australia but unfortunately in North Queensland we don't get a choice, would be even better at the moment as EA are offering 10k MR points for new customers.
10,000 points for switching is a bright idea | EnergyAustralia

Just thought the 50 transaction per day was a hard limit to get points. e.g. if I do 100 transaction at 100 merchants does that still mean only 250 points for the day. Anyway, thanks for all the gel and guidance.

50 transactions is just a limit per the card put on by BWA. So the card will not be accepted after it has been used 50 times that day.

You should still get the points as there is no reference in the T&C to a limit on the number of transactions that will earn points as far as I am aware. There seem to be others that received more than 250 per day when using offline transactions (though that didn't end well as the large number obviously drew attention to them)

Our Platinum card 'upgrade for the extra purchase protection' arrived this week so now doing 100 transactions each, makes staying with Telstra worthwhile even if they are overpriced.

Just thought the 50 transaction per day was a hard limit to get points. e.g. if I do 100 transaction at 100 merchants does that still mean only 250 points for the day. Anyway, thanks for all the help and guidance.

50 transactions per card, per day is the BW limit normally.

A BW day is midnight to midnight WA time. So in TAS, VIC, ACT & NSW a day currently starts and ends at 3am AEDT (2am when AEST applies).

Very occasionally, when making payments shortly after 3am, I've managed to do more than 50 transactions on a card. 51 or 57 & even 100 once. It's completely random, but normally the limit is 50 transactions per card, per day.

Last edited:
50 transactions is just a limit per the card put on by BWA. So the card will not be accepted after it has been used 50 times that day.

You should still get the points as there is no reference in the T&C to a limit on the number of transactions that will earn points as far as I am aware. There seem to be others that received more than 250 per day when using offline transactions (though that didn't end well as the large number obviously drew attention to them)

Our Platinum card 'upgrade for the extra purchase protection' arrived this week so now doing 100 transactions each, makes staying with Telstra worthwhile even if they are overpriced.

Did you have to specifically request to receive the Platinum Card, or did you simply start depositing $4k/mth?

50 transactions per card, per day is the BW limit normally.

A BW day is midnight to midnight WA time. So in TAS, VIC, ACT & NSW a day currently starts and ends at 3am AEDT (2am when AEST applies).

Very occasionally, when making payments shortly after 3am, I've managed to do more than 50 transactions on a card. 51 or 57 & even 100 once. It's completely random, but normally the limit is 50 transactions per card, per day.

Ah wow I didn't realise it was midnight WA time. Good to know!!

I went into a branch and asked. I doubt they will upgrade you without you asking.

Based on reports in this thread I would avoid calling or doing it online as your original card may be cancelled.

Anyone get through their 50 transactions via Optus today? I got through 20 transactions via my standard macro that has worked for last few months, before getting errors again :(

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back