Bankwest Transaction account [General Discussion]

Sadly it look like Optus are blocking anything over 20 payments per day.
Time to look for something else to pay. A

Any ideas?
I don't have Telstra.
Origin Energy is $1 minimum

I don't have it and can't get it but apparently Energy Australia accepts 1c payments, they also had a promo a little while back where you could get 10k MR points, not sure if that's still on though just do a search

found some info at pointhacks http://www.pointhacks.com.au/amex-energyaustralia-bonus/

Last edited:
Energy Oz does indeed accept payments.

Sad thing: I actually timed it one day, for all our family accounts, it took less then 50 minutes.

I have just changed over to Telstra and have my imacro setup.
However I randomly get this error message "Sorry, we can't connect to the payment system at this time. Please try again later".

The strange part is it stops my imacro as soon as i get this error.
I thought it would just keep moving through the steps.

Any ideas???

Oh and goodbye Optus, it wasn't you it was me ........ no wait it was you, goodbye Optus :)

I have just changed over to Telstra and have my imacro setup.
However I randomly get this error message "Sorry, we can't connect to the payment system at this time. Please try again later".

The strange part is it stops my imacro as soon as i get this error.
I thought it would just keep moving through the steps.

Any ideas???

Oh and goodbye Optus, it wasn't you it was me ........ no wait it was you, goodbye Optus :)

Ok so I did a bit more research and others appear to get this error from time to time.
One suggestion was to set the replay speed at "slow".
Which I have done and haven't seen the error again yet.

I can't make any payments through Optus at all at the moment, it appears it is isolated to my account :( . Sister's account, that doesn't make multiple micro payments, is having no issues.

I can't make any payments through Optus at all at the moment, it appears it is isolated to my account :( . Sister's account, that doesn't make multiple micro payments, is having no issues.

So the question would be, are they blocking your card or your account!

Another option: are there enough funds in the account to spend on bills?

50c per day = $100 to deposit for between 3 and 6 months (ie: basic card only = 6 months).

My account, I can't make any payments at all on my account via card; I can still pay my sisters account using my card

EDIT: Just got through 6 payments before it blocked me again.
EDIT again: Got through 4 payments on sister's account before it got blocked

Unable to determine the payment counts before Optus stops the payments *shrugs*

Last edited:
Finally got around to getting this account opened and the Macro working last week - on Friday I got a call from Bankwest saying thanks for opening the account bla bla - then he started asking what I use the account for? Do I know that it's a 'daily use' account etc. etc.
I just played dumb and ended up saying I can't talk right now and ended the call.
Anyone else get a call from them?
I thought I would get a few months out of the account before they would start paying me any attention.

Finally got around to getting this account opened and the Macro working last week - on Friday I got a call from Bankwest saying thanks for opening the account bla bla - then he started asking what I use the account for? Do I know that it's a 'daily use' account etc. etc.
I just played dumb and ended up saying I can't talk right now and ended the call.
Anyone else get a call from them?
I thought I would get a few months out of the account before they would start paying me any attention.

Friend opened an account recently and the staff member in the branch mentioned that she would call in a week or two to see that the card arrived. Sure enough the call came through and primed up not to have any discussion on use friend immediately responded "yes, all is well, card arrived, I have been using it, no problems, thanks for your call". They said "good" and she said "bye". So maybe this is just a customer relations/marketing thing.

Never yet had a call from them, but once (or twice?) at the local branch. Asking if I realised there were many small transactions. Wasn't shocked, saying I'm just paying my bills on time, and Telstra should be happy they are getting paid! :)

Currently use energy oz, but have telstra still on file as backup.

It appears that our friends at the communication company starting with T have become tired of the numerous 0.01 payments...
My scheduled macro run failed overnight.
I don't have time at the moment to have a proper look, but so far it appears as if consecutive payments of the same amount are now blocked.
I manually did one payment of 0.01, and then tried to process a second one. When I entered 0.01 for the second one I got an error message. So I entered 0.02 instead, which was accepted.
I then tried a third one, again at 0.02, which also errored out. So I went back to 0.01, which was accepted.
So it appears that we now need to cycle the payment amount back and forward between 0.01 & 0.02.
There may be some more twists to the tale, but that's all I have time for at the moment...

Let the games begin.

It appears that our friends at the communication company starting with T have become tired of the numerous 0.01 payments...
I don't have time at the moment to have a proper look, but so far it appears as if consecutive payments of the same amount are now blocked.
I manually did one payment of 0.01, and then tried to process a second one. When I entered 0.01 for the second one I got an error message. So I entered 0.02 instead, which was accepted.
I then tried a third one, again at 0.02, which also errored out. So I went back to 0.01, which was accepted.
So it appears that we now need to cycle the payment amount back and forward between 0.01 & 0.02.
There may be some more twists to the tale, but that's all I have time for at the moment...

Let the games begin.

I ran ran my transactions around 9am this morning with no issue. 300 1c payments without a hitch. Hopefully your issue was a one off. I guess we will find out soon enough.

Let the games begin.

No problem here. Just did 2 lots of 50 x 0.01

I ran ran my transactions around 9am this morning with no issue. 300 1c payments without a hitch. Hopefully your issue was a one off. I guess we will find out soon enough.

all to the same T account? I only run 100 through mine and am going to sign up my daughter to BW but was going to pay her bill for her so as not to run too many payments through the one account.

oh and 100 payments went through fine for me also

Well, I don't know wtf is going on.
I've now belatedly received about a quarter of the expected payment receipt emails for this mornings processing, but can't process any more payments to this account on any of our cards. I don't know whether that means that this mornings processing all went through, but 3/4 of the emails are still stuck in the sausage machine, or whether my account has been flagged for denial of service, or what.
On top of that, the new payment amount behaviour that I witnessed this morning (no consecutive same amount transactions allowed) is no longer happening. Maybe the IT guys were doing some sort of a test?

For now, all I can do is see what happens with tomorrow's processing and try to figure it out from there. :-(

I've now belatedly received about a quarter of the expected payment receipt emails for this mornings processing, but can't process any more payments to this account on any of our cards. I don't know whether that means that this mornings processing all went through, but 3/4 of the emails are still stuck in the sausage machine, or whether my account has been flagged for denial of service, or what.
On top of that, the new payment amount behaviour that I witnessed this morning (no consecutive same amount transactions allowed) is no longer happening. Maybe the IT guys were doing some sort of a test?

For now, all I can do is see what happens with tomorrow's processing and try to figure it out from there. :-(

Relax mate :)

BW processes weekend payments on the next business day.

And regarding problems you reported this morning, one observation does not make a pattern. The reason we are all here is to share information. So, please keep sharing, but don't jump to conclusion just yet.

My scheduled macro run failed overnight ...

Just remember that most system upgrades are done on at Saturday night through to Sunday morning or even, early Monday morning.

I was paying early this morning (pre dawn), and with some persistence managed to get though all my cards (only 1¢ payments). No receipts at the time though. They turned up some 4 hours later with 3 missing.

I did see a new error message, possibly about a system upgrade.

I've now belatedly received about a quarter of the expected payment receipt emails for this mornings processing, but can't process any more payments to this account on any of our cards. ... :-(

Check your BW account balance. 50 1¢ payments should drop your available balance by 50¢ immediately. 2 days of 50 1¢ and your available balance should be $1 less than the account balance. Nice round numbers means it should be pretty obvious if 50 1¢ weren't recognised by BW. Scale up for each card, obviously.

Also it's not too late to catch up, if some payments were missed. Remember BW's daily cut-off time is midnight WA time.

Last edited:
So interesting. I never received any receipts. Not even once.. should i be concerned?

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back