Bankwest Transaction account [General Discussion]

No worries, glad you've got it working :) Now just hit that button, sit back and watch the points roll in...

:cool:

I just went into Bankwest and requested a card downgrade (#n00b, yes, I am aware, should have done it the other way around).

I got a teller who either is new or just didn't caring - he initially said my Plat card must be cancelled to request for a downgrade, until I asked multiple times. To which, a supervisor came and said he didn't have to cancel my current card to order a downgraded card.

However at the end of the conversation, the supervisor did say I should cut up my 'old' card once the 'new' one comes through. Don't know if that means the plat card will be automatically cancelled in the future, or whether I need to manually do so (which I will never initiate). Only time will tell.

What are users experiences with Optus recently?

I returned to Optus payments after 3 days off and managed my first 10 payments fine. But after waiting more than 3 hours, my next and subsequent attempts have been rejected.

Is anyone managing to do more than 10 payments to one account each day? If so, how long are you waiting between payments and are you paying the same amount each time or different amounts?

Thanks.

I returned to Optus payments after 3 days off and managed my first 10 payments fine. But after waiting more than 3 hours, my next and subsequent attempts have been rejected.

Is anyone managing to do more than 10 payments to one account each day? If so, how long are you waiting between payments and are you paying the same amount each time or different amounts?

Thanks.
My experience is that when I changed to a new account it allowed 10 transaction then have been consistently not allowed to post over next two days.

Thanks.

I gave up and churned to Telstra ....... should have done it long ago ......... so much easier.

So looks like Optus is now only allowing 10 payments every 24 hours :(, oh well, was good while it lasted

I've just been away for 10 days and am having he same payment restrictions with Optus. Time to find other means...

I would advise not doing Sydney water burmans. Their systems cannot cope with the volumes of transactions and have to be manually reconciled which can lead to errors as you can imagine.
I've got numerous grumpy calls from them threatening to contact BankWest so I would stay under the radar if you want to continue using your account. I'm signing up with other telcos if you catch my drift.

I would advise not doing Sydney water burmans. Their systems cannot cope with the volumes of transactions and have to be manually reconciled which can lead to errors as you can imagine.
I've got numerous grumpy calls from them threatening to contact BankWest so I would stay under the radar if you want to continue using your account. I'm signing up with other telcos if you catch my drift.

Understand but was only planning 999 transactions!

Based on a few days experience, I believe Optus is allowing a maximum of 10 payments (including any failed payment attempts) in a 24 hour period. Note, that this means you have to wait 24 hours after your first payment before you make another payment, not 24 hours after your 10th payment before you make another 10 payments.

Thank god for Telstra. :rolleyes:

Based on a few days experience, I believe Optus is allowing a maximum of 10 payments (including any failed payment attempts) in a 24 hour period. Note, that this means you have to wait 24 hours after your first payment before you make another payment, not 24 hours after your 10th payment before you make another 10 payments.

Thank god for Telstra. :rolleyes:

Oh well, Optus was good while it lasted :(, I enjoyed earning at least 150k+ points just by paying my $180 monthly phone and internet bill :)

just got my first estatement with a statement period of 12 days and i got this after spending $2.50 on Telstra.

However, my Qantas points is 0 for everything (spend on transaction AND balance) - which seems odd, because I wouldve earned some from balance, as well as transactions. Is there a pattern to when the Qantas points show up on estatements (ie, end of month, after 30 days, or something like that?)

just got my first estatement with a statement period of 12 days and i got this after spending $2.50 on Telstra.

However, my Qantas points is 0 for everything (spend on transaction AND balance) - which seems odd, because I wouldve earned some from balance, as well as transactions. Is there a pattern to when the Qantas points show up on estatements (ie, end of month, after 30 days, or something like that?)

Yes, read back a few posts, points show on the first statement of each month, then posted to your Qantas account around the 5th of each month.

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back