Bankwest Transaction account [General Discussion]

Anyone with recent Virgin Mobile experience? Asking as if it is still valid I will probably sign myself up to their $40/month post-paid plan with 10GB data ending tomorrow to do all this.

Not sure of the definition of standard, if you compare to interest for example, if you get multiple statements per month you wouldn't see interest is "accrued" (and I assure you their systems do actually do this), you only see once it is credited to the account, this is somewhat similar, the statement on which you do see the points broadly aligns with when it credited (noting some slight delays between Bankwest generating the file of credits and Qantas actually applying).

The difference here is essentially the fact we are doing so many transactions we are getting multiple statements per month, vs a normal credit card bill which we only get once a month and hence yes, the two do align because there is only one statement it could appear on.

I notice that not only you but a few of you here have mentioned getting "a few statements per month". What kind of statements are you referring to? I thought statements were only generated monthly. I myself have only gotten one statement so far too (had the account open for about a month).

Understand your analogy of the interest being calculated daily but only seeing it monthly.

Anyone with recent V Mobile experience? Asking as if it is still valid I will probably sign myself up to their $40/month post-paid plan with 10GB data ending tomorrow to do all this.
depending on how many cards you would use for transactions, if only just one then you'd probably be alright. But if you are going hardcore, then expect hiccups like not receiving the bill in time, changing billing cycles, online account not matching the pdf bill, etc etc

TL;DR
look at other options

Hey guys, are your points all divisible by 5?

The number of points earned probably won't be divisible by 5 since you also earn points based on $$ sitting in the account (i.e. the 'interest' earned on the account is in the form of points).

depending on how many cards you would use for transactions, if only just one then you'd probably be alright. But if you are going hardcore, then expect hiccups like not receiving the bill in time, changing billing cycles, online account not matching the pdf bill, etc etc

TL;DR
look at other options

Thanks for the heads up. Even then I would've thought most people trying to maximise the transactions in a month wouldn't be waiting for a bill to arrive to make a payment (i.e. you would just overpay if you owe nothing) - especially considering that you can only really pump through $15/mth with one card. Or is Virgin Mobile the kind where you can only make a payment when the bill arrives/an amount is owing?

Sounds like Telstra Postpaid is the only "reliable" one then.

(i.e. you would just overpay if you owe nothing)
Yep, nothing wrong with that and the payments are reflected in the online account. However, I was once perplexed to find those payments not accounted for when the bill arrived. Still haven't made up my mind if it's worth it chasing it up. YMMV.

Virgin Mobile does work for the 1c trans, however you can't use iMacro as easily because of their pop-up payment system. You can use a mouse click follower thing (pardon my tech-uselessness) that runs through the transactions.

Hello Aussie_flyer, if bpay does not work, what mode of payment did you do? I log in my bankwest account and do the paying from there. I have tried using imacros but paying with bpay but did not get the points. Please shed some light. Thanks heaps. Newbie here. :)

Hello Aussie_flyer, if bpay does not work, what mode of payment did you do? I log in my bankwest account and do the paying from there. I have tried using imacros but paying with bpay but did not get the points. Please shed some light. Thanks heaps. Newbie here. :)

You need to go to the merchant website and pay them using the debit card function.

Virgin Mobile does work for the 1c trans, however you can't use iMacro as easily because of their pop-up payment system. You can use a mouse click follower thing (pardon my tech-uselessness) that runs through the transactions.

Like that "Mouse Recorder Premium" someone mentioned a few pages back?

May i double check with ones who could make it work for telstra. the following requires just one click then?

URL GOTO=https://www.my.telstra.com.au/myaccount/paybill?pvt_access_mode=true#empty
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEL FORM=ID:accountPaymentDetails ATTR=ID:accountNum CONTENT=xx_xx_xx_XX
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEL FORM=ID:accountPaymentDetails ATTR=ID:accountNum CONTENT=xx_xx_xx_XX
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:NUMBER FORM=ID:accountPaymentDetails ATTR=ID:amount CONTENT=0.01
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:RADIO FORM=ID:accountPaymentDetails ATTR=ID:creditCardRadio
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEL FORM=ID:credit-card-payment-details ATTR=ID:creditCardNumber CONTENT=xx_xx_xx_xx_xx_X
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEL FORM=ID:credit-card-payment-details ATTR=ID:expiryMonth CONTENT=xx
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEL FORM=ID:credit-card-payment-details ATTR=ID:expiryYear CONTENT=xx
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEL FORM=ID:credit-card-payment-details ATTR=ID:verifyCode CONTENT=xx_
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=ID:emailAddressForm ATTR=ID:email [email protected]

EVENT TYPE=CLICK SELECTOR="#continue-button" BUTTON=0
TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=ID:confirm-button
TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=ID:yes-proceed-unauth-payment-duplicate-button-cc

Thanks in advance.

Thanks medhead. Tried it. says error in My Account but I can do it individually not running imacros. Did I do anything wrong?

For telstra? I've given up on the imacros to some extent. I just do 2 payments manually to get the warning to confirm duplicate payments. Then when that receipt is displayed I then just hit refresh as that'll process another payment for each refresh. sometimes needing to run through another full payment then back to the refresh method.

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back