Best use of 600k altitude points

Chrisg55

Have over 600k of altitude points and thinking of closing the card down

I have Singapore airlines points as a thought though the expiry is an issue also collect velocity points

Can you recommend a good use of these

Welcome to AFF.

If you are not in a hurry to close the card you could wait for the next bonus offer for Velocity transfers. (There was one recently but not sure if Westpac was participating).

Velocity good because you can boop them over to Singapore quickly for redemptions (keep an eye on the Krisflyer Spontaneous Escapes deals ... great value).

Think with velocity you can also book Qatar.

They are though I’m pretty sure it’s 3:1 so I’m unsure of the advantage over going straight to KF
Post automatically merged:

They are though I’m pretty sure it’s 3:1 so I’m unsure of the advantage over going straight to KF

Main advantages are no expiry and ability to book on other airlines like Qatar/United.

Main disadvantages are higher carrier charges, less availability on Singapore & later access to Singapore award flights.

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.

Staff online

• NM
    Enthusiast
Back