Brisbane-Cheap, Clean & Cheerful near the Gabba?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RB

Established Member
I am looking for advice for hotels/pubs to stay near the Gabba for the cricket in Nov-seems final dates are yet to be confirmed:confused: (hoping to get an an air ticket during the current sales)
Just need a cheap, clean hotel for blokes to share a room. A spot to sleep, easy access to a bar & food after a day at the cricket-any suggestions?

For the bar & food after the cricket look no further than the Brisbane German Club, literally right across the road from the Gabba. Best to sign up for a $5 membership before the test as you’ll be able to skip a hefty non-member line to get in quickly.

Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

What sort of price range? Cheap can mean a lot of different things...

Hillcrest apartments might be a good choice, but not sure if they do single beds. I've seen 1brdms there for about $120/night, although their studios are cheaper.

Gabba Apartments are probably a bit pokey and have a "bed seperation" fee!

Maybe Hotel Chino? Although I haven't stayed there.

There is a very cheap set of apartments over the road from the Gabba called "Kangaroo Point Holiday Apartments". Mixed bag of reviews on Tripadvisor, but I think their rates start at $100 / night.

Wherever you stay around there, there are plenty of pubs.

Last edited:
Try hotel chino near the PA hospital - short walk, dont worry there's pubs between there and the Gabba. There's plenty of pubs near the Gabba so I wouldnt worry too much about that aspect. And the Valley is like a $10 cab from the Gabba anyway. And there's a big bus station across Ipswich Road from the Gabba too. Transport is cheap and easy so you could actually look further afield if you wanted to.

www.hotelchino.com.au

For a serviced apartment thats close - Sudima Suites on Mater Hill. One stop on the busway to Woolongabba, walk down hill to the nearest pubs. Generally good rates on wotif and only a few months old

Thanks for the ideas so far. Looks like cricket followers are already in play with the Chino seeming to be booked out already. I need to discuss price range with others but it seems bargains will be "thin on the ground" while the test is on.

RB, have you checked out the Wellington Apartment Hotel: its literally around the corner from my place (holler for a BBQ) and opposite the Shafston Hotel, 6 mins walk to the Gabba, three to the Pineapple, three mins to the ferry and three to the nearest IGA/Bottlo.
Wel.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.

Staff online

• NM
    Enthusiast
Back