Can you hold an QANTAS Ultimate AND a Platinum Credit Card at the same time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

beardoc

Established Member
Qantas
Platinum
Just wondering if you can do this - if so, the value of the Platinum Credit card has risen in value with the free flight and 1.5 Ascent Points per dollar and I will likely look at getting both.

Amex used to enforce a one personal credit card, one business credit card only rule I believe.

But that disappeared a couple of years ago, and afaik, you can have as many cards as they'll approve you for.

I can't see any reason why not? This would not be any different to having a QF Premium Amex card and an Amex Gold card....

I can't see any reason why not? This would not be any different to having a QF Premium Amex card and an Amex Gold card....

As Mal mentioned, Amex used to restrict the number of cards you could have. For personal cards, that was 1 credit and 1 charge card. If you applied for a new card of either type, your old one was cancelled and the balance transferred. You could have additional business cards in your name.

These days, I don't think they care anymore.

These days, I don't think they care anymore.

They actively promote holding multiple cards now with "Apply for another card" links strewn around their website including the front logon page where it appears next to the "Upgrade your card" link so I think the meaning is pretty clear. "Different cards for different spending" seems to be the catch-cry.

Richard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back