Changes to Velocity status calculation

Qantas
Gold
Virgin
Platinum
Oneworld
Sapphire
Virgins new app update has a curious line under the status tab saying that how status is calculated is changing. No details on the link on the app but has anyone got more info?

IMG_4751.jpeg

Might be harder to get going forward? Lets face it its much lower requirements to get than any of their partners right now for Gold+ especially this year with how much status bonus promotions they ran this year.

I wonder what the cheapest spend would've been this year to get gold or plat.

Life time status is coming*!

View attachment 411058

* this post may contain complete speculation.

Brethren .. let us PRAY! Way overdue. Ten continuous year of Gold and/or Platinum, and it becomes lifetime etc.

I have Lifetime Star Alliance Gold and so does partner, and has been a massive plus when travelling overseas.

Just booking an Air India domestic flight today as it gives us lounge access and more baggage etc.

Last edited:
Just booking an Air India domestic flight today as it gives us lounge access and more baggage etc.
But.but...but it's Air India!! Flew on one of their A321s domestically. Smelly, tired, bits falling of internally, other half threatened never to fly with me again (although she has regularly)....but the curry was good!! ,😁

Maybe it will be a new spanking app and site that allows seamless booking and free seat selection and lounge access for those of appropriate VA status, on all QR flights, and by default all flights booked on One World and additionally the same to all of those other airlines currently and in the future allowing VA codeshares. Not forgetting easy points transfer on all. Would be the best airline FF programme in the world then....,🤭😊😁

Brethren .. let us PRAY! Way overdue. Ten continuous year of Gold and/or Platinum, and it becomes lifetime etc.

I have Lifetime Star Alliance Gold and so does partner, and has been a massive plus when travelling overseas.

Virgins new app update has a curious line under the status tab saying that how status is calculated is changing. No details on the link on the app but has anyone got more info?

View attachment 411005
Mine works - so much detail. But it's dodgy. The attached shows I have Platinum and have Platinum for the next year but also says my SILVER status will renew, when it's supposed to be Platinum. My head hurts but not as much as waiting for an hour to collect bags in Sydney tonight. When are they going to drop a few categories out if Priority Boarding? It's getting ridiculous.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-10-10-22-30-21-39_dfcdcf78baee2cc1e88baded12db796e.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-10-10-22-30-21-39_dfcdcf78baee2cc1e88baded12db796e.jpg
    294.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.

Staff online

• NM
    Enthusiast
Back