Citi Platinum credit card promo - spend $1000.00 receive 50,000 QFF pts

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaz

Hi
I received an application in the mail today for Citi Platinum credit card.
It says for a limited time, if I apply and spend $1,000.00 or more within 1st 3 months of activating the card I receive a bonus 50,000 QFF points. :) and that's not a typo

Card fee is $250.00 plus $49.00 to join the Citibank Qantas rewards program to enable the points to be transferred direct to QFF account.

Does the total card fee of $299.00 represent good value to receive 50,000 points (plus the $1K spend required in 3 months) We'll only keep the card for the first year and cancel it before the 2nd lot of annual fees kick in.

My question is, although I don't want to apply for the card myself, can my husband use the application form that I received and still receive the same bonus points offer.
The form is not pre-filled with my details, however there are a group of letters and numbers pre-printed on the top of the form.
Would these numbers etc relate back to my name and hence only I can apply using that form ?

I was thinking of ringing them to ask the question, but having dealt with their call centre years ago when I wanted to cancel a card brings back some fond memories. :rolleyes:

Tks
karen

Last edited:
kaz,

There is another thread on this promotion (http://www.australianfrequentflyer....ns/citibank-platinum-visa-50-000-a-28134.html) that you might wish to refer to for some peoples thoughts on the value of the offer.

As the promotion is available on the web, I suspect there would not be much of an issue in your husband getting the points - but maybe apply through the weblinks. The letters and so on probably are codings for the promotion itself.

kaz,

There is another thread on this promotion (http://www.australianfrequentflyer....ns/citibank-platinum-visa-50-000-a-28134.html) that you might wish to refer to for some peoples thoughts on the value of the offer.

As the promotion is available on the web, I suspect there would not be much of an issue in your husband getting the points - but maybe apply through the weblinks. The letters and so on probably are codings for the promotion itself.

Thanks Oz_mark for the link
I didn't realise that there was a specific discussion board for 'current credit card promotions'.

Just received the card. Will Citibank send me a PIN a few days later for the card? Nothing was mentioned in the letter that came with the card.

Someone made the point on a related thread that this 60k offer does not specify qantas points (just Citibank points).

following the first retail spend using the card.
I'm wondering about this term "retail spend" that Citi are using in their promos.

Does it mean
* not business related?
* not an online bill pay?
* in a retail store?

Or, will it just be trigged by any spend on the card?

So many questions on Citibank...so few answers. Thoughts form others experience appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and enjoy a better viewing experience, as well as full participation on our community forums.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to enjoy lots of other benefits and discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.

Staff online

Back