Citi Prestige & paying Council Rates

Status
Not open for further replies.

mark4217

Does anyone know if Council Rates are excluded from receiving points?? ie, classified as a 'government charges' etc... Cheers

re: Citi Prestige & paying Council Rates

IME they definitely earn points - indeed IME Citi pay points on every spend except ATO - I am unaware of anything else excluded - others? Have I missed something?

Does anyone know if Council Rates are excluded from receiving points?? ie, classified as a 'government charges' etc... Cheers

The day Citibank stop awarding points for council rates is the day I close the account with Citibank

Apparently Signature/Platinum cards do not earn points on Council Rates/ATO.

I would find it very hard to work out as I have hundreds of transactions going through my account and As we know Citi don't itemise. May have to do a long laborious spreadsheet. Hmmmm can't wait!!

I am trying to get a breakdown of my points from Citibank. There appears to be a lot missing. The lady I spoke to said they don't pay points on Utilities, Telecoms, Any Government etc. They had even not paid points on parking meters and carparks owned by the local government.

I am trying to get a breakdown of my points from Citibank. There appears to be a lot missing. The lady I spoke to said they don't pay points on Utilities, Telecoms, Any Government etc. They had even not paid points on parking meters and carparks owned by the local government.
What a load of rubbish from the "lady".

ATO? Sure - no points, everything else (non cash), yes.

I have had to chase up three transactions out of several hundred over the last three months (they were all international).

(I do keep a transaction by transaction spreadsheet, which calculates expected points earn).

Thanks serfty, that is reassuring.
I have paid lots of council rates so I really hope it gets points. Maybe I should do a spreadsheet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and enjoy a better viewing experience, as well as full participation on our community forums.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to enjoy lots of other benefits and discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back