Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
SkyTeam
Elite Plus
Star Alliance
Gold
This new sign-up offer commenced last month - was previously 100,000 Qantas points, now 150,000.

You need to spend $7,500 on the card within 2 months of approval to get the bonus points.

Here are the offer T&Cs from the Citibank website:

To be eligible to receive 150,000 bonus Qantas Points, you must apply for a new Citi Prestige Qantas Card before the offer is withdrawn, be approved and spend a minimum of $7,500 on eligible Retail Purchases using your new Card within 2 months from approval. Eligible purchases exclude Citi PayAll Payments, Cash Advances, Balance Transfers, Special Promotions, interest, fees, refunds and Chargebacks. The bonus Qantas Points will be credited to your Qantas Frequent Flyer membership account within 2 months of meeting the spend criteria. Your Citi Prestige Qantas Card must remain open, in good standing (for example – your account is not in default, suspended or closed) and enrolled in Citi Qantas Rewards for the bonus Qantas Points to be awarded. All rewards are subject to the Terms and Conditions of the Citi Rewards Program. Qantas Points are defined in the Citi Rewards and Citi Qantas Rewards Program Terms and Conditions as Qantas Frequent Flyer Points. You must be a member of the Qantas Frequent Flyer Program and provide your membership number to us. A joining fee may apply. Membership and the earning and redemption of Qantas Points are subject to the Qantas Frequent Flyer program Terms and Conditions, available at qantas.com/terms. Please note, you will be charged interest on retail purchases while you have a balance transfer. This offer commenced 16 July 2024. We may vary or end this offer at any time. This offer is not available when closing or transferring from another Citi branded credit card account or in conjunction with any other Citi branded credit card offer.

I can't see one specifically stated in the T&Cs for this offer. Citi tends not to have them.

Yes I couldn't either hence why I was getting excited. Could be handy with Europe early bird airfares (hopefully) coming soon

$7.5k within 2 months is hefty, I can see they've also caught on and excluded PayAll from eligible payments.
Thats how most people hit their SUB spend historically, ah well. Knew it was coming.

Might consider if there is some big purchase soon.

ATO payment should be ok through Sniip too, if you're happy to weather the MC fee.

Anyone know if the Priority Pass membership includes restaurants?
[Edit] Looking around the forum it looks like it does.

Last edited:
0.5c/pt is fairly average for a sign-up bonus, though also where the market is heading.

I thought I read a while ago that if you cancel the card within the first 12 months, you get refunded a prorated annual fee eg. Cancel after 6 months and you get half of the $750 annual fee refunded.

I assume they would have caught on to this.

Can anyone please confirm?

I thought the annual fee might have been higher than $749 so that's not bad!

As long as there's no exclusion (for those who took the 110k VA offer on the Premier earlier this year) - does that work?

I currently have the westpac Altitude card 15k limit. Should I close this card first before applying? I feel like they don't like ppl have more than 1 card open these days.

I currently have the westpac Altitude card 15k limit. Should I close this card first before applying? I feel like they don't like ppl have more than 1 card open these days.
I applied yesterday for the Citi Prestige and was approved in 2 hours. I did not close my existing credit card account with ANZ.

Very new to this, is the clause "first 2 months" referring to your first 2 statements?
We're planning on buying some furniture so I'm quite unsure if we should spread the 7.5k on 2 statements

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back