Citi Select - $10k Prepay Cap on Rewards Points

Status
Not open for further replies.

blessed11

Hi all,

Just got off the phone with Citi to upgrade my cards to Paypass enabled. The rep mentioned to me that if I pre-pay, only up to $10k earns rewards points. I.e. If credit limit is $10k and I pre-pay $20k and then put through a $30k transaction I will only earn 20k points. From what I've read (and experienced) I've been earning points on much more than $10k pre-paid. Is this just an unenforced unternal policy? Anyone experienced this?

Cheers

Not yet!
It is in their rules but not implemented.
Have not been able to get limit higher than 75k.

Hi Cove

Thanks for the response. Prepaid a large amount on Thursday and paid bills Friday - points seem to have been credited :)

They're also being stingy on credit limit
with me... nothing like Amex !

Yes and if you asked Mrscove she is unimpressed that I am at 75k and she is at 50k. Need I say more.
Amex Ultimate is a lot more for both of us.

I don't understand why they're so conservative. My spend on Citi is equal or greater to Amex on a monthly basis now... Might wait till beginning of next year and then place another request. I'm only at $50k limit
With citi

I still find $100k inadequate for my needs. I wish they was a provider who offered similar limits to Amex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and enjoy a better viewing experience, as well as full participation on our community forums.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to enjoy lots of other benefits and discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.

Recent Posts

Back