Citi Select Free Hotel Stay

Status
Not open for further replies.

ermen

Established Member
Anybody know whats up with this? Called them up today to try to book for early April 2013 and they said it expires 31 March 2013.
Had a look on the website and it says the same thing too. Do you think its just because this isint updated yet?

Citibank Australia

I booked mine for late May at Sydney Hilton last week. Had tried the week before and it was on request & they came back as unavailable but we re tried with a "different supplier" who was actually cheaper (to citi) and got a room on the spot.

Albyd.

Anybody know whats up with this? Called them up today to try to book for early April 2013 and they said it expires 31 March 2013.
Had a look on the website and it says the same thing too. Do you think its just because this isint updated yet?

Citibank Australia
Don't believe them. I read that too and called them up and was told don't worry about what the website , they can book whatever you want. The catch was there is a $ limit for each hotel they are willing to pay. So eg in Melbourne I was told the max at the Cullen payable was $219. Advertised public rate was $259 so no go. Asked if I could pay the difference, and was told no. Other hotels were ok though. So I'd try again.

Ahh so that explains my experience then. The first time I tried to book Hilton, the "price" on the confirmation email was approx $350 whereas the second time, it was in the $219 range from memory which is why it got through.

Called up again and they said that definitely no go. They have a list of dates that Citi have given them and it says it ends 1 April 2013 (all SYD hotels)
I asked them if it was because of old information - he said no that's what their Citi manual says so he seemed pretty confident about it
Strange - if that was the case, then I would say that this benefit has been withdrawn by Citi? Btw, I got the same consultant again... maybe I'll ring back...

Update: Ended up to be just a clueless consultant. Spoke to Citi Select first who said no the benefit was still around. Then spoke to a different consultant at the travel centre who booked the night for me no problem.

Last edited:
i

Update: Ended up to be just a clueless consultant. Spoke to Citi Select first who said no the benefit was still around. Then spoke to a different consultant at the travel centre who booked the night for me no problem.
Good outcome then :)
i must have gotten the good one.

So they called back a week later and left a message saying please call us back - the Sydney Hilton has come back as "unavailable" and apparently my booking that I made on the call last week was only "on request".
What is going on? Not impressed - I wonder why it is so hard just to claim a free hotel night stay?
Any Citibank reps here? Guess its also a complaint to my Citi RM.

Last edited:
So they called back a week later and left a message saying please call us back - the Sydney Hilton has come back as "unavailable" and apparently my booking that I made on the call last week was only "on request".
What is going on? Not impressed - I wonder why it is so hard just to claim a free hotel night stay?
Any Citibank reps here? Guess its also a complaint to my Citi RM.
#citifail

Ok so the Citibank Travel Program (pinpoint travel) gave me a travel voucher to cover for my stay (in response to me cancelling my other hotel stays and booking my flight). So all sorted now. This was whilst I was penning an email to my Citi RM and Pinpoint Travel's Business Development Manager.

That said, whilst I appreciate Citibank Travel Program's kind gesture, maybe their communication processes need to be a little clearer so prevent a stuff up in the first place.

Just booked my first free night ever using this - seemed easy enough and got something this week.

which hotel?

Novotel brisbane.

I live in a hotel in brisbane CBD anyway, so all this means is a fun night out and a free bottle of water ;)

Added accor plat# to the booking and got a premier room upgrade too. First ever benefit of accor plat after about 5 nights this year.

wondering if anyone's had use of this lately? my 1st year renewal is up later this month and i'm thinking of binning the card hence need to get a room rponto.

what are the date change restrictions like?

i saw they've changed the singapore hotels, however hilton sydney is still on it so might have a friday night in town with dinner at glass.

hi all,

another question - does anyone know if the hotel stay is per anniversary date of the card, or per calendar year? i had assumed that it would be per anniversary date of the card, but citi travel seems to think it is per calendar year. needless to say i'm a little upset as i have a july anniversary date and didn't utilise the benefit last year.

anyone had experience with this/ can confirm citi travel is correct?

Thanks

hi all,

another question - does anyone know if the hotel stay is per anniversary date of the card, or per calendar year? i had assumed that it would be per anniversary date of the card, but citi travel seems to think it is per calendar year. needless to say i'm a little upset as i have a july anniversary date and didn't utilise the benefit last year.

Thanks

Yes, it's calendar year, not membership year. It's a ridiculous policy, and not clearly stated. I too assumed it would be per membership year.

The Select card is a great points earner, but as a whole Citibank are a joke. Put me in charge over there, I could grow the top line by at least 25% in a year!

hi all,

Thanks

Calendar year

That's why I got two free hotel stays for my 1st membership year (Paris & Melbourne).

Has this offer been "enhanced"? It seems to have disappeared from mention as a benefit from the Citi Select pages of the citibank website. And even when logging to online banking and citibank travel, I can't see mention of it. There always used to be a section, which I thought even listed the hotels by country etc.
Or maybe, I jus't cant find it.

Has this offer been "enhanced"? It seems to have disappeared from mention as a benefit from the Citi Select pages of the citibank website. And even when logging to online banking and citibank travel, I can't see mention of it. There always used to be a section, which I thought even listed the hotels by country etc.
Or maybe, I jus't cant find it.

Still there...

Citibank Australia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and enjoy a better viewing experience, as well as full participation on our community forums.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to enjoy lots of other benefits and discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.

Recent Posts

Back