Citi Select - Make Payment with Citi Plus Account

Status
Not open for further replies.

blessed11

Hi all,

Westpac unfortunately enforce a BPAY limit of $10k to CitiBank credit cards. I currently use my Macquarie account to BPAY where I seem to have no issues. I was considering opening a Citi Plus bank account and have funds sit in that account. Does anyone here know if the daily transfer limit applies for internal transfers? I.e. is there a limit enforced for transfers from my Citi Plus Bank account to my Citi Select Credit Card. I've called and spoken to two different Citi reps... one said no limit the other said $10k. Thought it would be best to see if anyone has this setup at the moment.

Thanks for your time and input as always.

Cheers

Hi all,

Just thought I'd let you know, Ive tested the above today. Transferred funds from my CitiPlus Bank Account to my Citi Credit Card. I was told up to a maximum of $100k a day is allowed (I only tested with $80k) and had no problems. May be useful for those who don't want to set off alarm bells at Citi by placing Credit Card into a large credit and having the card put on a temporary hold.

You can process a large payment and then top off instantly from a linked bank account and process further payments. Also helps to have funds in a linked account when an unexpected payment above credit limit needs to be processed.

Cheers

I run a 100k BankWest BPay limit per day into 2 Citi credit cards that have combined credit limits of 125k. This avoids the myriad of rules that include not putting a card massively into credit and earning points (even though Citi currently waives that rule).
Have thought about having a real Citi deposit account as a back up but have never bothered seeing my payments system just chugs along sweetly.

Last edited:
Thanks cove

My Macquarie account also has a $100k BPay limit, however the main reason I'll leave some funds in Citi are for unforeseen large purchases above my current $50k credit limit

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and enjoy a better viewing experience, as well as full participation on our community forums.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to enjoy lots of other benefits and discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.

Recent Posts

Back