Citi Select: More than one card for the sam supplementary holder?

Status
Not open for further replies.

albyd

Established Member
Hi,

My Citi Select card is now my only transactional credit card. I have my whole family spending on it maximising my points & it's easy to reconcile & run. We also like the convenience of only having one rewards program. My wife now needs to have a separate card for business expenses & Citi call centre have said I can't have a second card issued to her. They did suggest she set up her own account & periodically send written instructions to transfer her rewards balance to our main balance. I'm a little sceptical this will work & her business spending might not justify a 2nd select annual fee.

Has anyone else had this same issue and what workaround did you use if any? At this stage, only strategy I can see is for her to set up her own account but separate rewards account & spend.

I'm interested in KF points so may reactivate my Altitude card as a fall back plan with personal spending on the select.

Interested in your experiences.

Albyd.

Have been running my own business for years using the Select as my main personal and business spend card. Accountant has never worried over joint use of card provided the annual fees are met from personal spend. Did make the monthly reconcile a chore when it had gone to 5+ pages.
Since the loss of ATO spend on Select, now much more frugal how I use the Select (1.33xFF) with personal spend diverted to Amex Edge for groceries (3xFF) and petrol (2xFF) and NAB Amex (1.5xFF) for majority of remaining personal spend resulting in the Select largely being a default business spend card. Two cards can go to SQ with NAB to Velocity for car hire / domestic flights though like to pool and keep the options open.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and enjoy a better viewing experience, as well as full participation on our community forums.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to enjoy lots of other benefits and discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back