Citi Select Survey - Enhancements Coming Soon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thehound

I recently checked my spam to clear it out and found a survey sent from Citibank looking at my thoughts on my Citi Select (with a reward of 5,000 points for completing it). So I just filled it out and it looks like Citi are investigating making some changes to the Select, perhaps not for the better (as is the standard practice now...).

Part of the survey included 12 pages where 3 different options were presented asking which scenario I liked the best, and whether I saw it as an improvement to the current Select. Differences included changes in domestic points earn (anywhere between 1 and 2 points, most commonly at 1.75 points per dollar), international points earn (from 3 to 6 points), bonus point options, travel benefits including either the pre-existing free hotel night or a return domestic flight per year, fee-free international transfers, different lounge access options (unlimited PP vs 2 free lounge entries with PP vs Qantas or Virgin lounge access), and other things like concierge access, airport transfers, and free bottle of wine.

Each option often had improvements in some of these areas with degradations in other areas. Out of the 36 options I think I only selected that 2 or 3 seemed better for my circumstances. Of interest were the potential for fee-free international transactions (some of which were with 6 points per $) and a return domestic flight, which is usually great for a Perth resident like me and worth more than a hotel stay (and certainly the limited value one offered by Citi!). Worrying trends were for decreased domestic point earn and the fact that most options seemed worse to me overall. Of note was that the card fee was $700 in all examples - of course I would never expect an enhancement to decrease a card fee :)

So these may all be signs of things to come. The chance that Citi Select will change to one of my preferred 2 or 3 options? I won't be holding my breath...

I recently checked my spam to clear it out and found a survey sent from Citibank looking at my thoughts on my Citi Select (with a reward of 5,000 points for completing it). So I just filled it out and it looks like Citi are investigating making some changes to the Select, perhaps not for the better (as is the standard practice now...).

Part of the survey included 12 pages where 3 different options were presented asking which scenario I liked the best, and whether I saw it as an improvement to the current Select. Differences included changes in domestic points earn (anywhere between 1 and 2 points, most commonly at 1.75 points per dollar), international points earn (from 3 to 6 points), bonus point options, travel benefits including either the pre-existing free hotel night or a return domestic flight per year, fee-free international transfers, different lounge access options (unlimited PP vs 2 free lounge entries with PP vs Qantas or Virgin lounge access), and other things like concierge access, airport transfers, and free bottle of wine.

Each option often had improvements in some of these areas with degradations in other areas. Out of the 36 options I think I only selected that 2 or 3 seemed better for my circumstances. Of interest were the potential for fee-free international transactions (some of which were with 6 points per $) and a return domestic flight, which is usually great for a Perth resident like me and worth more than a hotel stay (and certainly the limited value one offered by Citi!). Worrying trends were for decreased domestic point earn and the fact that most options seemed worse to me overall. Of note was that the card fee was $700 in all examples - of course I would never expect an enhancement to decrease a card fee :)

So these may all be signs of things to come. The chance that Citi Select will change to one of my preferred 2 or 3 options? I won't be holding my breath...

Yep, I took the survey too. (Found it in the spam folder!)
And it seems they may have taken up my suggestion to scrap the crummy hotel deal in favour of a return flight...... Oh wait! The hotel has indeed gone, along with the airport limo transfer and the $500 travel voucher (when spending more than 10k through Citi travel) but NOTHING in return! No flight. Zip!
Enhancement indeed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and enjoy a better viewing experience, as well as full participation on our community forums.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to enjoy lots of other benefits and discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.

Recent Posts

Currently Active Users

Back