Citi to Hhonors promotion: 2HH points per 1 Citi point until 17 Jan

Status
Not open for further replies.

quokka77

Citi and Hilton are teaming up for a promo that might make it reasonable value to convert citi points for Hhonors redemptions (usually it's terrible value). Details pasted below from the citi rewards site:

GET DOUBLE POINTS WITH HILTON HHONORS™
Transfer your Citi Rewards Points to Hilton HHonors before January 17 and get double the value with 2 Hilton HHonors Points for every 1 you transfer.

With no blackout dates and the choice of more than 4,440 hotels and resorts within the Hilton Portfolio, you now have more options than ever.

wow - so 1 citi point = 2 HH? so effectively 4HH/$1 spent domestically?

i think you've just saved me 200k points as I was building up the bank to transfer for 5 nights redemption at conrad maldives!

I think so dining decadence, check the citi rewards site, it's listed on there.Check the most recent redemptions catalogue, it's near the back. Incidentally, this may also offer a way to transfer to AA indirectly. $2500 spend = 10000 HH points = 1500 AA points. 0.6AA points per dollar I think. Only slightly less than you get doing Amex MR via SPG. There are other HH partners too (Avios?) but I haven't looked up the full list.

This almost makes up for the VA/SQ devaluation

Do you think Hilton could devalue again though?

Pardon my ignorance, but where exactly on the Citi Rewards site is this? I can't seem to find an option to transfer to Hotel rewards. I have Signature, is it only a Prestige thing?

Pardon my ignorance, but where exactly on the Citi Rewards site is this? I can't seem to find an option to transfer to Hotel rewards. I have Signature, is it only a Prestige thing?

Yes Prestige card holders have access to 17 transfer partners vs 3 transfer partners with Signature.

Transferring to Virgin America is an interesting option for short flights

15000 Citi = 60000 HHonors = 6000 Virgin America = round trip Sydney to Melbourne

LAN is also an interesting option for short trips on Qantas or if you had heaps you could get a lot of travel in Business or First for about 400000 - 500000 citi points....

VS also have some quirky sweet spots
15000 Citi=60000 HH=9000 VS
7.5K VS miles for ADL-ASP and DRW-ASP
10K VS for PER-CCK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and enjoy a better viewing experience, as well as full participation on our community forums.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to enjoy lots of other benefits and discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back