Citibank may be the s****y bank for me !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lmere12

Just started earning points again on the 7th Jan, put through $50k on the 10th. Only 855 points awarded (no transaction amt equaling that amount). Citibank better come through and fix it gggrrrr...!! :evil: Told them that I would cancel both accounts if they don't. I'm sure they won't care but hopefully.. It's a lot of points to not gain

You just gotta love that call centre.......be prepared for wank answers.
I lost 45k of points and cashed them for $225 before Mrscove's card scored QF points.
Sure it was their mistake but cutting to the chase it works now.
Do we want another card for Kris points......I am waiting for a second choice.

be prepared for wank answers.

They'll gonna get some wank responses back from me

Do we want another card for Kris points......I am waiting for a second choice.

I'll be looking at another card if they shaft me, said they'd ring me before days out.
Will advise outcome

I'll be looking at another card if they shaft me, said they'd ring me before days out.
Will advise outcome

They told me that twice. Never rang back. Finally got a supervisor who meekly advised I would not get my 28000 points (BAS payment) as it didn't fit the terms and conditions. Won't be doing that again especially when you pay a cc fee.

They told me that twice. Never rang back. Finally got a supervisor who meekly advised I would not get my 28000 points (BAS payment) as it didn't fit the terms and conditions. Won't be doing that again especially when you pay a cc fee.

that's shocking. i get double with my Westpac Altitude Amex. even double for the CC fee.

Update : They tell me that a request has been put in for the points to be awarded
I need to wait 3-5 days for that to reflect on my account. (& basically
STOP calling them and wait lol)

I need a different card irrespective, my 120k capping will be used within 3-4 months.

I can't see anything in the terms about BAS payments not counting. Can't see why they wouldn't be as it's a charge and not a cash advance.

Worked fine with my platinum card in December, havnt tried on the select, yet

Found this for the Emirates Citi Platinum Card...

Eligible Transaction [FONT=Interstate,Interstate][FONT=Interstate,Interstate]means any Retail Purchase which is made by the use of a Card or any other means authorised by Citi, excluding (but not limited to) transactions by way of Cash Advances, Balance Transfers, Special Promotions, fees, purchases of foreign currency and travellers cheques, interest charges, government charges, insurance charges, payments to Citi loan accounts (mortgage etc), transactions made in operating a business and all other transactions if the Account is more than $10,000 in credit.[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=Interstate,Interstate][FONT=Interstate,Interstate]http://www.citibank.com.au/global_docs/pdf/MCG10422_no_trims.pdf[/FONT]
[/FONT]

I put a CitiSelect account substantially into credit and then paid a largish tax bill way in excess of the 30k limit and picked up the QF points.
Trippin I just read those terms on page 2 of the CitiSelect Rewards Program which are the same as Platinum.
February for us is a big Kris Flyer month due to the changes Westpac are doing on their
Kris Flyer Platinum Visa on 15th March.
I will watch the posts of points to QF from January with interest.
I will be back looking to make points on CitiSelect by April so please keep your progress on getting points posted.
I have first hand experience with Citi call centre so I dont plan calling them any time soon if I can avoid it.

Last edited:
The 'government charges' thing is a relic of the days when the state governments liked to dip into our accounts with things like FID and BAD tax. These taxes did not earn points. It would be ashame if Citi extended this to mean anytime you pay the government something

Yes we have large local government,state government and federal government bills that roll in regularly.
Westpac have done well by making premium cards business rather than personal so they could score higher fees from vendors but then cut the Visa point earn in half from March 15 th for Platinum Kris Flyer.
With the Australian Taxation Office being owed 12.5 billion and growing I was never surprised that they started using a credit card facility to get higher up the payment chain when dealing with the public.
I do really hope CitiSelect don't change.

FWIW when I purchase my Cityrail weekly it's not counted on Citi Select. That said my payment to the ATO accumulated points. Go figure.

Last edited:
That is great news Imere12.
I have been watching as this month is a very big tax month for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and enjoy a better viewing experience, as well as full participation on our community forums.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to enjoy lots of other benefits and discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back