Citibank points transfer B4 18th March or Balance transfer Interest free?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PLANT

Established Member
Hi all,

So I have 14,100 points and understand the min is 15K to transfer to FF B4 18th March devalued rate kicks in.
I have $4K payment due after 15\3 to have those points.
I can buy something for $900 and will have the 15K in points to transfer into FF.

Option 2:

I have another credit card offering 20 months interest free on balance transfer with no fees!
So I could balance transfer $4750 for 20 months interest free but lose the option to transfer 15K in points to FF.

Option 3.

Buy $900 of goods to get 15K in points and transfer to FF b4 18\3
I can get a Citibank cheque and balance transfer the $4750 of that cheque to interest Free card for 20 months.

Which do you think is of greater value considering I can pay the balance owing without issue?
I'm only accumulating FF points....no rush to use them.

Confusing as statement and online points info don't match?
Statement is 6K less in points than online info...yet insurance s in statement.
Points show on statement only after payment of bill?
Show online prepayment?

Well I guess people may be think thing only you can really assess what is of most value to you. But personally I'd be making sure I got up to 15K point and transfer it out.

For ne the BT is a different offer and as such should be assessed separately. But I'm not really sure why you cant just do both.

Well if I balance transfer will I lose the points?
Or they will give me both points and I can transfer hey!:)

Or they will give me both points and I can transfer hey!:)

I don't see why you cannot do both.

I have a $38K 0% advance from Citi and that did not stop me from transferring all my points out.

Last edited:
If I balance transfer $4750 before Citi statement paid I will not lose the points because the statement is paid by other Credit Card company right...so get to keep 4750 Citi Points!
I think I had a doh doh doh moment!

I would pre pay some bill to get the pints up to a level where they can be transferred.
Just to be on the safe side, I wouldn't wait until the last day. I'm transferring mine a few days out.

Or they will give me both points and I can transfer hey!
Yes, balance transfer will not affect you getting points as far as I know, but you can ensure this is the case by doing the points transfer before the balance transfer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and enjoy a better viewing experience, as well as full participation on our community forums.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to enjoy lots of other benefits and discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back