Does Altitude Qantas exclude Altitude Rewards?

yojohnny

Some banks Qantas cards don't impact the exclusion period of their own rewards program cards. It's not clear to me if Westpac is one of these banks.

I am excluded on the Altitude Qantas line until later this year but want to see if I can apply for one of the Altitude Rewards cards before then.

The wording from Westpac is poor; instead of just listing each card name, they state on the Altitude Rewards page:
Offer not available if you’ve held an Altitude Platinum or Altitude Black card with Altitude Rewards, Qantas or Velocity in the last 12 months.
&
Existing Westpac customers who currently hold an .., Altitude Classic, Altitude Platinum or Altitude Black credit card, or who have held one in the last 12 months, are not eligible for this offer.

It's not clear if the mention of Qantas in the first statement refers to the Altitude Rewards card where points have been transferred to Qantas or it's referring to Altitude Qantas and therefore excluding the Qantas line of cards.

Has anyone managed to get Altitude points paid out where they had one of the Altitude Qantas cards in the previous 12 months?

Westpac refers to the products as 'Altitude Rewards', 'Altitude Qantas' and 'Altitude Velocity'. The writing of the condition just avoids redundancy in the word 'Altitude' when listing multiple products under the same grouping in the same sentence. (It doesn't help with clarity though that they've separately listed Altitude Platinum and Altitude Black earlier in the same sentence!)

"Offer not available if you’ve held an Altitude Platinum or Altitude Black card with Altitude Rewards, Qantas or Velocity in the last 12 months."

Reading is the same as:
"Offer not available if you’ve held an Altitude Platinum or Altitude Black card with Altitude Rewards, (Altitude) Qantas or (Altitude) Velocity in the last 12 months."

Westpac doesn't seem to have an exclusion re: applying or holding a card from another Westpac Group institution like St.George, though - and vice versa. 😉

Last edited:
The three subsidiaries seem to be grouped as one, ie you can’t get BOM card if you have St George but yes my experience is that you can get St George signon bonus if you already have Westpac

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back