Easier to Use QF Flight credits

CaptJCool

Established Member
Fantastic news in the AFR today

IMG_5476.jpeg
PS
It would appear the fare conditions have already been changed as I noticed this on a date I booked last night

IMG_5439.png
IMG_5440.png

At the time of cancellation you can take a flight credit or refund
I note too that you can apparently cancel to a flight credit AND later request a refund as long as it’s done before the expiry date of the flight credit voucher

Last edited:
Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

Post 21 here flight credit for less than amount?
Has several following posts on use/questions of the credit

QF agency 09 Oct
From 9 October, customers who cancel their flight and hold their ticket in credit can now use the value across multiple new bookings.

Previously, the full credit had to be used on a single booking on fares of equal or higher value. Now, they can book lower fares and keep any remaining credit for future use.

This change will be applied retroactively from 9 October 2024 to valid voluntary credits. This policy already applies when Qantas cancels a flight and the customer elects to receive a credit.
<snip>

It’s a pity I used two flight credits the day before and the day of this announcement !

By then of course the fares of lower value had already gone and the Flight credit portal had significantly LESS options on it than the main system (and the comment about equal fare or higher was STILL on the portal even on 9 October)

Worse is paying more and then getting a duplicated CC payment for the ONE booking ! Which may or may not resolve itself Gah

I wonder if these changes will flow through to GCs as well and close a longstanding loophole

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.

Staff online

• NM
    Enthusiast
Back