Flying domestic with Privilege Club

Bajar

Qantas
Bronze
Virgin
Gold
Hey everyone,

I'm in a bit of a strategic dilemma and could use some insights from this savvy community. Has anyone here made the leap from Qantas Frequent Flyer (QFF) to booking their Qantas flights through Qatar Airways' Privilege Club? I'm curious about your experiences if you have.

Here's my current situation:

1. I've recently landed Gold status with Privilege Club, thanks to the Accor ALL link.

2. Work has me primarily flying Virgin Australia, where I've got Gold status locked in - I'll get about halfway to Platinum by my anniversary date.

3. I still end up on a handful of Qantas flights each year, but not enough to build any meaningful QFF status (I'll barely scrape Silver by my next anniversary).

Given my Gold Privilege Club status, I'm wondering if I should pivot my strategy for those Qantas flights. Instead of crediting them to QFF where they don't do much for my status, maybe it makes sense to credit them to Privilege Club?

If anyone's made a similar switch or has experience juggling these programs:
- How was your overall experience?
- Did you notice any significant pros or cons?
- Any tips or tricks you'd be willing to share?

I'm particularly interested in how this might affect lounge access, upgrades, or other perks on Qantas flights, given that my main status is with VA.

Really appreciate any insights you can offer. Thanks in advance!

I had same idea, but apparently QR only credit points if your domestic QF flight is connecting with an international QR flight.
I called Qatar and was told that this isn’t true, provided I either book with a codeshare flight or via the QR app.

Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

I called Qatar and was told that this isn’t true, provided I either book with a codeshare flight or via the QR app.
It clearly states on their website that only domestic flights with a International connection counts and I tried to credit 2x QF J ADL-SYD flights last year and both knocked back so ended up crediting them to my BAEC account 🤷‍♂️
Post automatically merged:

Wonder if I could credit domestic QF to my brand new BAEC account and get my Avios balance off zero 😁
Domestic QF flights credit to BAEC just fine, that’s where all my QF and other OW flights go now

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back