Generic Transaction Information - Error?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrmaxwell

Established Member
Qantas
Platinum 1
I just came back from OS using my Citibank card for the first time.

All my OS transactions have no vendor info next to each transaction when I view online - each transaction simply says 'VISA INTERNATIONAL RETAIL PURCHASE'.

Anyone else had this happen? How the hell do I reconcile my account? I took a screenshot into a branch and the useless rep told me he's never seen it before sorry~!

Yeah, my Citibank Plus account is the same. I have to wait until the statement arrives and then manually enter it all. Very annoying.

It seems to happen on deposit accounts.

Why it occurs I am not sure. My guess is that it is because the currency conversion is processed directly by visa (meaning there is no citibank exchange fee, as is the case on the plus account)
On credit cards citibank processes the currency exchange and the information displays correctly when viewing transactions online.

On credit cards citibank processes the currency exchange and the information displays correctly when viewing transactions online.

AFAIK all retail purchase type transactions are converted by Visa or Mastercard (as the case may be).

Some ATM transactions for cash withdrawals go through the Citishare system, but I would have thought that even their debit cards would go through that as well.

The thing is my ATM transactions display correctly with all the info listed, but Visa retail purchases nothing. A rep told me to wait for my statement...very backwards. The cost of fee-free OS banking!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and enjoy a better viewing experience, as well as full participation on our community forums.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to enjoy lots of other benefits and discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.

Recent Posts

Back