Going to east coast usa for a month. Any itinery suggestions ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

sumthinfornuthin

Established Member
Hi Guys,

We have booked one of the Qantas sale tickets from Melbourne to New York in August. No idea what we are going to do or where we are going to go as yet or for how long etc

. We would like to spend maybe a week in NY ( is that too long ???- suggestions on attractions to look at and any deals or hotels to consider would be appreciated ).

Would like to see Niagara falls and maybe see a little bit of Canada. Would also like to see Washington DC and some of the Civil War sites.

Is it worth trying to also get down to Florida, Keys, New Orleans etc ??

Any other suggestions on areas and attractions.

Do we subway, bus, train, fly around the place ??

Thanks, any help greatly appreciated.

When in August are you going? The US tennis open starts on the 27th if you want to go to that. Tickets ate on sale to the public in mid-June.

If you've never been to NYC before, I would recommend a week at the very least. You could add on a time for a day trip or two to some of the towns up the Hudson River. I did a day trip once to Kykuit (the Rockefeller Estate) and had a great time.

I've been to Washington DC and Boston, both which I highly recommend. To travel bw these cities and NYC, I find the train is the least amount of hassle.

I think Niagara Falls are great and worth an overnight stay at least.

You'll have a great time whatever you choose.

Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

Status
Not open for further replies.

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.

Staff online

• NM
    Enthusiast
Back