clifford

Established Member
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
Star Alliance
Gold
I recently flew business class MNL-AUH with an onward connection scheduled to GVA (via ZRH). When I arrived at AUH I was informed that the flight to ZRH was delayed, so I would likely miss the connection to GVA.

There was a direct flight to GVA from AUH, so I requested, while in the First Class Lounge, to be put on that. The extremely helpful lounge agent said that she would get back to me in a few minutes, and lo and behold, she came along with a boarding pass in J for the GVA flight.

Great I thought, and toddled off to the gate. When they scanned my BP, got a beep (!) and had to reprint the BP. It was scanned and I went to board the flight (assuming that my seat assignment hadn't changed).

When I boarded I turned right, but the FA said I needed to go left. It was then that I looked at the BP and saw the seat number had changed to 2A (on a 3 class 789). Very nice and totally a surprise.
IMG_20241010_024300.jpg

Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

Nice!
Great score
I have always found that EY have looked after us amazingly well as VA Plats and will be sad to see them go

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back