Help with QF Club Member Discount

Qantas
Qantas Club
Virgin
The Lounge
This is quite random and no doubt will bring the usual comments that one would expect, but anyway here goes, hoping someone may have had the same experience.
Complete transparency joined today last minute to take advantage of the discount on Qantas Club membership, flying out to the US early AM Monday and wanted lounge access, wasn't expecting that the process to obtain the said discount would be a potential one to two business day reply situation for the link/instructions after all its not like its mentioned anywhere ?
Anyone been in a similar position or I am I the only idiot on here who leaves things to the absolute last minute ( mind you the whole trip in my defence was only organised in the last week ) I guess my attempt to get a 20% discount has just cost me money instead

ScottyM Welcome to AFF
This is quite random and no doubt will bring the usual comments that one would expect, but anyway here goes, hoping someone may have had the same experience.
Complete transparency joined today last minute to take advantage of the discount on Qantas Club membership, flying out to the US early AM Monday and wanted lounge access, wasn't expecting that the process to obtain the said discount would be a potential one to two business day reply situation for the link/instructions after all its not like its mentioned anywhere ?
Anyone been in a similar position or I am I the only idiot on here who leaves things to the absolute last minute ( mind you the whole trip in my defence was only organised in the last week ) I guess my attempt to get a 20% discount has just cost me money instead
Guess you have signed up and paid as AFF Gold member to get a 20% QF club discount.

Signing up mid day Friday and flying early AM Monday and want that new QF club membership active is a risk. So beit.
Have you had contact from AFF admin team? Who may not be on line/travelling/in a different time zone/sleeping/off duty.

Last edited:
ScottyM Welcome to AFF

Guess you have signed up and paid as AFF Gold member to get a 20% QF club discount.

Signing up mid day Friday and flying early AM Monday and want that new QF club membership active is a risk. So beit.
Have you had contact from AFF admin team? Who may not be on line/travelling/in a different time zone/sleeping/off duty.
Well guessed yes 😊

There’s no risk as far as QC membership goes no matter when you sign up that’s automatic, I wasn’t aware as it isn’t exactly made clear that the link required from AFFs end seems to be a “semi automated” operation. No that was my point in asking the question enquiries to any form of contact via the “help” portal generate a ticket.

I know it’s probably strange that I might assume that an operation going by the name of Australian Frequent Flyer would possible work with Australian business hours 🤷

Anyway as I said in my post I expected to get the usual comments that one would on forums like this 🤦🏼‍♂️
Post automatically merged:

@ScottyM
Thanks
@AFF Editor can you assist here pls
Thank you very much for your help it is much appreciated that you haven’t judged me even though I openly admit it was probably not my finest move today 🙏

You should see the faux pas that some AFF people have described in their travels. 🤣
Well I’m sure that if you stick around I can guarantee to provide you with more light entertainment from time to time, it’s a specialty of mine 😂
Again thank you for your kindness and making me feel welcome 🙏

Regardless of the outcome my day at least now has been made so much better by our exchange 😊

Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back