How do AFF membership Levels Work?

Xrayspice

How do levels here work? I was on 98 posts yesterday, and I have posted three times today, but I am still on 98 posts. My account says I have 8 pages of 20 post, which makes a minimum of 140 posts, yet I am stuck on 98. Edit, this post made it 99.

How do levels here work? I was on 98 posts yesterday, and I have posted three times today, but I am still on 98 posts. My account says I have 8 pages of 20 post, which makes a minimum of 140 posts, yet I am stuck on 98. Edit, this post made it 99.
Assume you're talking about AFF levels, and nothing to do with lounge access? :) See this page linked for details on the member titles (levels) - and with regard to the post count... I don't think the 'General / Off Topic' ones count, so you'd need to exclude those in a tally. They're referred to in the member titles page as the Playground: Member Titles (link)

p.s. mods might like to move this to members area?

Cheers,
Matt.

Assume you're talking about AFF levels, and nothing to do with lounge access? :) See this page linked for details on the member titles (levels) - and with regard to the post count... I don't think the 'General / Off Topic' ones count, so you'd need to exclude those in a tally. They're referred to in the member titles page as the Playground: Member Titles (link)

Cheers,
Matt.
No, not lounge access, I thought I was posting in help desk. Happy for my question to be moved.

Cheers,
Matt.

Cheers,
Matt.

At least you got the 100 now :p
I still don’t understand it?

I still don’t understand it?
Staying O/T to answer ahead of mods moving - posts that you make in the general off topic threads, like the Olympics thread, don't add to post count. The member levels I linked to are based on post counts excluding any to these types of threads. Here's that link again: Member Titles

Cheers,
Matt.

If a post doesn't count to a higher member title, it likewise won't increase your post count. You could post once in the Qantas forum and 100 times in the playground, but your profile would still just show 1 post to your name.
First time, I have heard of the playground, thanks, I get it now
Post automatically merged:

There's some info about Member Titles on the forum FAQ page: Frequently Asked Questions - Australian Frequent Flyer

Scroll down to "How do I get a higher member title?"
Thanks, I didn’t realise some posts didn’t count. Seems elitist…haha

Thanks, I didn’t realise some posts didn’t count. Seems elitist…haha
The actual idea is to disincentivise off topic posting. The posts that count are in areas that are core to the theme of the website, rather than fringe topics. Of course, nothing to stop you posting off topic in a core thread/forum, but that would be harder to police.

Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back