In trouble for Business Spend?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnstone

Intern
I'd like to put about $300-500k per month of my business expenses on Citi Prestige card from one supplier (not ATO spend). Edit: Sorry should have been more specific - when I say "per month", I don't mean it happens every month! It's one invoice in about every 3 months

Can I get away with saying that this is for "personal spending" every month? Do Citi usually turn a blind eye, or will they deny me my points, based on the fact that the spend is for business purposes? Would be great to hear if anyone's got any experiences on this

I'm happy to pre-pay the balance a couple of days in advance beforehand every month, so Citi knows that I won't default.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
WTF.....I think your pushing it.... Business seems to be going well for some ;)
What's your normal spend a month?

WTF.....I think your pushing it.... Business seems to be going well for some ;)
What's your normal spend a month?
Nah spending is only a little bit below revenue - business not going so great but still sticking in there atm! Trying to claw back every cent... points will help :)

Edit: Sorry should have been more specific - when I say "per month", I don't mean it happens every month! It's one invoice in about every 3 months

Last edited:
You should seek to spread the payment load over the period as the amount overall wouldn't be a problem.
You need to take into account the card loading limit of $10K over your card credit limit (from memory, check conditions to verify actual amount) and the $50K per transaction limit. Two or three daily transactions wont cause a problem though suggest the amount proposed an entirely different situation.
The 10K card loading limit came into effect over the past 12 months and has not caused me any problems thus far with a few minor abuses of a few K. Making payments definitely now more coughbersome than in the past though still well worth it.

Ramp up the expenses over time and be sure to vary the billing amounts.

Another thing to consider is card security/fraud may get some alerts if your spend is significantly higher than what Citi thinks your personal income is.

Build it up over time... Starting with charging up to 80% of your limit/month from the merchant and you'll likely slip under the radar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back