Mauritius, Madagascar & Seychelles

kpc

Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Gold
A bit bored this evening and was looking at google maps....Mauritius, Madagascar and Seychelles look to be in the same ocean region...Maybe I can visit all 3 in one trip in the near future...I can fly Air Mauritius from Perth to Plaisance, Mauritius...how would I get to the other 2 islands...I assume I can fly...how long would you spend in each island? What is there to see? ( I note @Fruitloop50 's fantastic current trip report on Madagascar). Any tips and suggestions appreciated, esp if you have been before. :) Thanks

Last edited:
More web sites to play with

Airport entries on Wikipedia list routes - airline. But not allways up to date

NBO is main biggish airport in this area.

Edit
Added RUN, HAH, DAR & DZA(France) to map

Last edited:
I've been doing his exact same thing! No connection between Seychelles and Mauritius, so loop not possible. Best to make it a 4 sides route, incl Jo'burg. PS You can get seats on Air Canada Aeroplan PER-MRU and onwards on Air Mauritius and they are on bonus sale at the moment :)

Flights available to/from Mauritius (don't forget tiny Reunion, a Department of France, to the immediate SW of Mauritius)

1720648663864.png

Ex-Reunion

1720650085785.png

Ex Madagascar (ask @Flashback about the reliability of Air Mauritius!)

1720648801357.png

Seychelles

1720648844176.png

Last edited:
I've been doing his exact same thing! No connection between Seychelles and Mauritius, so loop not possible. Best to make it a 4 sides route, incl Jo'burg.

Flights available to/from Mauritius (don't forget tiny Reunion, a Department of France, to the immediate SW of Mauritius)

View attachment 396700

Ex Madagascar (ask @Flashback about the reliability of Air Mauritius!)

View attachment 396701

Seychelles

View attachment 396702
MK is generally not too bad, you normally only have the odd issue here and there during cyclone season (Jan-Mar largely).

Their J product is pricy, but they use a longhaul plane on the short hop, so a decent product although the food is continental i.e., cold.

Madagascar ...... well I'm heading back there (again) in a week. Not a huge amount to do in Tana, so you want to get out and about. Hotels vary in terms of quality and price, but the Radisson Serviced Apartments (not to be confused with the Radisson Blu Waterfront) are a good option as they're on a street that has a lot of decent restaurants. Le Carnivore and Le Petite Verdot are good.

Book as far ahead as possible for flights to places like Toliara / Tuléar (TLE), as they can sell out for weeks at a time at certain times of the year. Charter planes are also reasonably priced, so that may be an option if you get stuck too. A little 4 seater can work well.

Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

I've been doing his exact same thing! No connection between Seychelles and Mauritius, so loop not possible. Best to make it a 4 sides route, incl Jo'burg. PS You can get seats on Air Canada Aeroplan PER-MRU and onwards on Air Mauritius and they are on bonus sale at the moment :)
Air Seychelles looks to fly MRU-SEZ a few days a week
Madagascar ...... well I'm heading back there (again) in a week. Not a huge amount to do in Tana, so you want to get out and about. Hotels vary in terms of quality and price, but the Radisson Serviced Apartments (not to be confused with the Radisson Blu Waterfront) are a good option as they're on a street that has a lot of decent restaurants. Le Carnivore and Le Petite Verdot are good.
Where you go and where kpc & kpc_+1 want to go likely to be very different !

Early dreaming stage still; maybe the following:
Per-Mru [with side trip to Run]-Tnr (Air Mauritiius)
Tnr-Sez (Emirates)
Sez-Mru (Air Seychelles)
Mru-Per (Air Mauritius)

Last edited:
Here's a post that's maybe controversial and perhaps moderator worthy.

Why would anyone want to go to less pristine beaches overseas than we have here in Australia? OK, I get the Bali thing, but???

I can understand the cultural, historical, family, and other interesting reasons why people might want to travel overseas, but beaches that aren't as nice as ours?

Colour me stupid...

Why would anyone want to go to less pristine beaches overseas than we have here in Australia? OK, I get the Bali thing, but???

I can understand the cultural, historical, family, and other interesting reasons why people might want to travel overseas, but beaches that aren't as nice as ours?

Colour me stupid...
Wow....I guess you and I see the world very differently. ;)

Colour me stupid...
Well we live just 300 metres from the beach so we don't travel to see beaches. But I get your drift.

Colour me stupid...
Perhaps different things to see when snorkelling, diving, etc. Different cuisine. Different cultures and customs. But I'm sure you're just trolling ...........

Bit the bullet and booked for 2 pax:

(Syd-Adl to be booked)
Adl-Doh-Sez on Qr J with AA miles
Sez-Tnr on EK Y with Aeroplan mies
Tnr-Mru on Mk J with Aeroplan mies
(Mru-Run rtn on Mk Y to be booked)
Mru-Per on Mk J with Aeroplan mies
(Per-Syd to be booked.)

Will have 8 days in Seychelles, 7 days in Madagascar, 6 days in Mauritius and 6 days in Reunion Island....

Edit: trip will look like this:

Time to use some LSL :)

Last edited:
Bit the bullet and booked:

(Syd-Adl to be booked)
(Per-Syd to be booked.)

Will have 8 days in Seychelles, 7 days in Madagascar, 6 days in Mauritius and 6 days in Reunion Island....

Did you take advantage of the stopover? TNR-(stop)MRU-PER? The PER-SYD can be included on the AC ticket, but would bump up the miles cost from 60k to 80k.

Did you take advantage of the stopover? TNR-(stop)MRU-PER? The PER-SYD can be included on the AC ticket, but would bump up the miles cost from 60k to 80k.
Yes I did exactly that with stopover in Mru...great value at 65 K Aeroplan miles + $$ per pax for Trn-Mru//Mru-Per on Mk in J.

Didnt add on Per- Syd as didn't have enough Aeroplan miles and booking window for Va not open yet...I have loads of Va points so will book later!

Colour me stupid...
I've never got the feeling that kpc travels the world to see different beaches....

Bit the bullet and booked for 2 pax:

(Syd-Adl to be booked)
(Per-Syd to be booked.)

We will mimic your great itin for a good use of the newly purchase aeroplan when the time is right for us. [Thanks, neighbours! 😊😊]

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back