Maximum points on an uncapped credit card

Mattao

I have a St George Amplify Credit card with a $15,000 credit limit. Points on this card are "uncapped". I have a question about what uncapped means in practice.

I have had some major expenses of about $60,000 this month which I was able to pay for using my credit card. I have paid these expenses by transferring cash to my card moments before making the payment. Points have already shown up in my account. I will have major expenses again for the next couple of months

I wondered if anyone else had done successfully on an uncapped card or should I expect a call from the bank at any moment.............

Points are uncapped. The issue won’t be the points, but loading the card up can trigger AML concerns. Esp with Amex, who are on a hair trigger for this problem.

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and enjoy a better viewing experience, as well as full participation on our community forums.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to enjoy lots of other benefits and discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back