Missing Velocity Points?

tmdl

Qantas
Qantas Club
Virgin
Platinum
Has anyone had any issues with points missing from your velocity account? I tried to do a transaction to Krisflyer and points were not taken but then all of sudden my account was short about 400k points

I called them and they said due to inactivity the account i have points that expired, we cleared this up but they sent me some points but still missing 150k

The odd thing is there is no transaction on my account at all, has anyone had this issue?

Velocity points do not partially expire....either they ALL expire, or none expire. So there's no scenario related to expiry that would leave you missing some points...unless when you say you were "short" you mean your balance was zero.

Velocity points do not partially expire....either they ALL expire, or none expire. So there's no scenario related to expiry that would leave you missing some points...unless when you say you were "short" you mean your balance was zero.
was neither, basically my account was 918k then it was 541k and they returned 209k but still missing 158k points

Ive sent an email to the platinum velocity team to sort it out

was neither, basically my account was 918k then it was 541k and they returned 209k but still missing 158k points

Ive sent an email to the platinum velocity team to sort it out
OK, well as I said...Velocity does not have rolling points expiry...so there is no situation that could cause SOME of your points to expire and not others...so the original inactivity explanation is incorrect.

there is no situation that could cause SOME of your points to expire and not others...so the original inactivity explanation is incorrect.

I'm not so sure that's 100% true (but maybe I'm mistaken)... I think a family transfer may not count as "activity" for the receiver, so maybe their own points could have expired, whilst the points transferred from a family member are left behind?

Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

I'm not so sure that's 100% true (but maybe I'm mistaken)... I think a family transfer may not count as "activity" for the receiver, so maybe their own points could have expired, whilst the points transferred from a family member are left behind?
No, Ive done alot of transaction including 7eleven fuel, flybuys, insurances, CC's and almost anything else that earns points. Its the first time ive had this type of issue. I thought maybe this was a system glitch that other were experiencing?

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.

Staff online

Back