New Citibank product to replace EK Plat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

robcuk

Edit: Suggestions for new product to replace EK Plat?

Hi guys

Ive had a read through some of the posts regarding Citibank credit cards plus the devaluation of the Emirates card and it seems there maybe better rewards out there.

We have used the Citibank Emirates card since it came out and we currently have around 220k in my wife's Skywards account. Our monthly accrued credit card points automatically move onto her skywards account and we generally accrue around 8k points a month.

The Citibank rewards signature card is being mentioned but is that purely for Qantas points? Can anyone suggest a card for us?

Thanks for the advice.

Last edited:
Re: Edit: Suggestions for new product to replace EK Plat?

The signature card can earn into other airline programs . No annual fee promo is pretty good. Obviously raises chance of enhancement in the bear future. Might as well enjoy it in the meantime.

American Express cards that are issued directly by Amex can now transfer points to Emirates.

Yes I'm in the same boat, we have an EK Citibank card. We no longer use it, and I am looking to get a card, that will feed our QF points.
Any advice people, and all advice is welcome.

Hi guys

Ive had a read through some of the posts regarding Citibank credit cards plus the devaluation of the Emirates card and it seems there maybe better rewards out there.

We have used the Citibank Emirates card since it came out and we currently have around 220k in my wife's Skywards account. Our monthly accrued credit card points automatically move onto her skywards account and we generally accrue around 8k points a month.

The Citibank rewards signature card is being mentioned but is that purely for Qantas points? Can anyone suggest a card for us?

Thanks for the advice.

So, I applied for the Citibank select card on Friday so qualified for the free for life no fee. It seems you can transfer the points to SQ so once we both have enough EK points I'll cancel the EK card and use the Select card.

So, I applied for the Citibank select card on Friday so qualified for the free for life no fee. It seems you can transfer the points to SQ so once we both have enough EK points I'll cancel the EK card and use the Select card.

Signature? Select is not fee free (I wish!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and enjoy a better viewing experience, as well as full participation on our community forums.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to enjoy lots of other benefits and discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back