Pay by AMEX on JQ Japan

Status
Not open for further replies.
I booked a ticket yesterday from KIX to CNS on JQ and, when I got to the payment step, found that the only accepted credit cards were Visa or MC.

I'm assuming that this was because I booked ex Japan even though it gave me the option of paying in AUD or JPY. But does anyone know how I could have booked this online and paid by Amex?

I don't believe it's possible. IIRC, Amex is only accepted on journeys originating in Australia.

Perhaps the Jetstar Call centre could have helped, but I'm sure that would have been complex and involved other fees.

I fly BKK-SIN with Jetstar Asia a lot and book from AU but can only pay Visa or MC which is a pain when the company card is AMEX. The Jetstar service number in AU have no idea as I tried to do it once and they did not even think they flew the route, when I said I know they do, they said it is controlled in SIN and they could not do anything. I even find that when you try to pay with AU dollars it has not allowed me and I have had to pay in either SGD or THB but on other times it has no issues with AUD payment.

So the short answer is no, you cannot use AMEX to pay on line in my experience. I end up using my personal MC and claiming it back.

Thanks Mal & Taswegian.

While annoying, it's also fairly surprising given the close ties between AMEX and QF. It seems a bit strange to have a co-branded QF/AMEX credit card and not be able to use it on a JQ flight.

Thanks Mal & Taswegian.

While annoying, it's also fairly surprising given the close ties between AMEX and QF. It seems a bit strange to have a co-branded QF/AMEX credit card and not be able to use it on a JQ flight.
Remember the 'co-branded QF/AMEX credit card' is an Australian AMEX card though and not Japanese or US which have different T&C.

Not really a very satisfactory arrangement really. :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and enjoy a better viewing experience, as well as full participation on our community forums.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to enjoy lots of other benefits and discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back