Qantas to operate 2 evacuation flights from Lebanon via Cyprus to Sydney

They can come close - in fact one could say 100% altruistic. QF's conduct in the 2002 Bali Bombing was exemplary by any measure. I will put out a link on the anniversary.

There are many many examples of QF (both company and staff) fantastic responses during an emergency. There was one outstanding exception (that may in the circumstances be excusable.withiut the unlimited resources of an oil rich stare) that people seem to want to punish them for eternity.

Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

They can come close - in fact one could say 100% altruistic. QF's conduct in the 2002 Bali Bombing was exemplary by any measure. I will put out a link on the anniversary.

And simple reason is there’s a bunch of good Aussies working at QF at all levels, and I’d like to think most of us think enough about our country to help our fellow citizens out when we have the means to do so. Not everything has an ulterior motive.

I think if you keep reminding people you did a good thing when trying to get something in return, at some point it becomes less of a good thing. Help and expect nothing in return.

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back