QF Offering Status Match to NZ Residents

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pleb Status

Established Member
I wonder if NZ will retaliate for Australian residents (not likely unfortunately). Easy *A gold if so....

sydstar

Interesting...

Presume the aim is to try and poach NZ (and the odd VA) elites from trans-tasman? Otherwise, with no domestic network (no JQ benefits) and no QF or OW to the USA (NZ's flagship route) why would an NZ elite make the switch?

Now with contactless delivery, shop online to get drinks delivered to your door or pick up in-store in 30 minutes. Lowest Liquor Price Guarantee. Biggest Range.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

JessicaTam

Enthusiast
Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Red
Interesting...

Presume the aim is to try and poach NZ (and the odd VA) elites from trans-tasman? Otherwise, with no domestic network (no JQ benefits) and no QF or OW to the USA (NZ's flagship route) why would an NZ elite make the switch?
It would give an elite an opportunity to try the TT routes with QF. Maybe QF think that serving bubbles in J is enough to keep them.

Jock28

How bizarre. All these years we have all said "QF does not status match" and then this?

Isochronous

Established Member
Time to catch up with your long-lost cousins in NZ and ask if you can use their letterbox!

Mranderson

The wife and I put in our status match requests last night(NZ elites based in NZ),got a confirmation email stating decision will be made within 10 days so il see how it pans out

Supersonic Swinger

Solutions
There's never been a better time to join the Qantas Frequent Flyer Programme than right now

Other than maybe 15 years ago before a lot of the value in the program was stripped out?

eminere

Established Member
Solutions
Qantas
Platinum
Would love an answer to this...
You would need to be an existing non-Gold QF member and your mailing address (and therefore place of residency) would already be on file. :)

Last edited:

greenfish

I applied on behalf of my father who lives in NZ. They just wanted all the typical details e.g. address, phone numbers etc.

Given he mostly travels domestically, he won't get much benefit out of it, but he might book a few QF flights to and within Oz next month.

ogs70

Interesting that they won't status match with EK when EK had no moral dilemma matching / poaching WA based QF SG's in their campaign last year..

Status
Not open for further replies.