QFF Westpac Black: Understanding the Insurance Policy

Catweazle

I'm sure this has been asked about before, so please do share the link if I've missed it.

My understanding is that the Westpac Black "credit card complimentary Insurance Policy" is met when "prepaying $500" of the cost of a trip – even if that's just hotels booked on this card, and not flights – and that this includes my partner?

In which case, would the complimentary international travel insurance be for the duration of only the hotel stays booked with the Westpac card, or the full duration of the trip from leaving to returning to Australia?

I used the ANZ card to book for flights. Next time I'll put it all on one card!

I'm sure this has been asked about before, so please do share the link if I've missed it.

My understanding is that the Westpac Black "credit card complimentary Insurance Policy" is met when "prepaying $500" of the cost of a trip – even if that's just hotels booked on this card, and not flights – and that this includes my partner?

In which case, would the complimentary international travel insurance be for the duration of only the hotel stays booked with the Westpac card, or the full duration of the trip from leaving to returning to Australia?

I used the ANZ card to book for flights. Next time I'll put it all on one card!

We have used similar insurance from other credit cards.

As with Westpac they required a minimum payment on anything to do with the trip.

The another requirement is that you have a return ticket before you leave Australia but it does not have to be purchased with the card or even via Westpac. However if you cancel for a reason covered by the insurance you are covered.

Yes the coverage is usually for the whole trip. The definition of "trip" would be in the PDS.

Everything is subject to the PDS which should be read.

Last edited:

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and enjoy a better viewing experience, as well as full participation on our community forums.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to enjoy lots of other benefits and discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back